In our family, still from the grandmother, the recipe of a very tasty cabbage stew with mushrooms, prepared in the classical way, is kept. This first dish turns out very rich, slightly sour, with a pleasant taste of white mushrooms and sauerkraut. It is seasoned with traditional spices of Ukrainian national cuisine.
- Pork ribs - 300 grams;
- water - 2 liters;
- white dried mushrooms - 100 grams;
- potatoes - 3-4 tubers;
- onion - 1 piece;
- cabbage sour - 150 grams;
- salt - to taste;
- black ground pepper - to taste;
- bay leaves - 3 pieces;
- carrots - 1 piece.
Very tasty cabbage with mushrooms. Step-by-step recipe
- Pork ribs thoroughly washed under running water, cut into portions and periodically change the water. Fill with cold water and set to cook, removing the foam. Fire is reduced to a minimum, open the lid and cook for about an hour.
- Council. To make a delicious Ukrainian cabbage with cabbage and mushrooms, it is better to choose pork or beef: you can also use fat gander meat - but do not prepare this dish from dietary chicken meat.
- White dried mushrooms are mine and soak separately in cold water. We put on the fire and boil for 15 minutes.
- My potato, clean and cut into cubes of medium size.
- Onions are cleaned and cut into small cubes.
- We extract the cabbage from the can. Preparing should be done in advance, so that until the cabbage leaves are prepared, the cabbage is well crooked.
- Council. If the sauerkraut is peroxidized, it should be rinsed in running water and drained. Cabbage can be slightly sweetened.
- We put the potatoes together with the onion into a meat broth.
- Council. Onions can be slightly pasteurized in roast, and you can send immediately cooked.
- Washed and peeled carrots rubbed on a grater with large holes and wessed on vegetable oil.
- Boiled and chilled mushrooms are cut into strips. We send roast together with carrots.
- When potatoes are cooked in meat broth from pork ribs, we add sauerkraut. The amount of cabbage should be such that the cabbage soup was not too liquid, but not very thick.
- Council. Do not put sauerkraut in broth before potatoes, because the acid will not allow the potatoes to boil, and it will remain firm.
- Council. Also, you can put half a glass of millet grains in a cabbage soup: this dish will become thicker and fuller.
- When they introduced cabbage into the broth, and she cooked a little, you need to salt the dish. Add the bay leaf and can be seasoned with pepper: either in peas or black ground.
- Council. Cabbage should be better to taste, when all the components are already a little digestible, because sauerkraut will give additional acid and salt.
- Since the cabbage soup is a Ukrainian dish, as a condiment to it you can put dried dill leaves or whole dill inflorescences, connected by a thread: so that they do not disperse all over the pan.
A fragrant tasty dish - cabbage with mushrooms and sauerkraut served hot, with sour cream. What other types of cabbage soup exist and recipes for its preparation, you can find out on our website "I love cooking".