To all who goveet, fast and gladly wait for the onset of the Bright Christ's Resurrection, I suggest not to lose heart and prepare for dinner a tomato soup with rice and garlic. Fasting is not sad at all, but in order to enjoy life, you need strength. A delicious, aromatic vegetable soup-mash will not only cheer up, but will also give energy for the whole day. Lenten tomato soup is quickly and easily prepared - even beginning culinary specialists will cope with it. And the result will surpass all your expectations - believe me. And check.
- half onion;
- one head of garlic;
- 3 tomatoes (small);
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (olive, sunflower - or any other for your taste);
- Spices: basil, coriander and oregano - 0.5-1 tablespoon each;
- half a glass of rice (round-grain or long-grain, does not matter).
Tomato soup with garlic and rice. Step-by-step recipe
- Well-washed rice (I recommend changing the water several times until it becomes clear) put in boiling, unsalted water - it should cover it about one centimeter. Cook over low heat without covering with a lid until all the water has absorbed.
Council. The choice of rice depends on what you want to get as a result. Long grain rice keeps its shape well even with long cooking, but it remains dry and slightly stiff. Kruglozerny rice with long processing is boiled (sometimes more like porridge), but it has a more delicate consistency.
- Put the tomatoes and garlic (not cleaning) on a foil or baking tray and bake in the oven at 220 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Finely chop the onions in a saucepan in vegetable oil (you can use any: sunflower is more familiar, but olive is more fragrant) for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the prepared onions with hot water (about 700 milliliters per soup).
- In a pan with onions, send the baked tomatoes and cloves of garlic, peeled from the peel (cut, or somehow chopped, they are not necessary), along with the juice that stood out from the tomatoes.
- Add to the tomato soup on a tablespoon of oregano and basil, half a tablespoon of coriander seeds (I put not crushed, whole). Salt (about half a tablespoon for this volume, but you are guided by your taste).
- We give a puff for 2-3 minutes and, without removing from the plate, grind the blender.
- In a portion plate (it is better to use soup soup) lay out 2 tablespoons of finished rice and pour tomato-garlic soup. Sprinkle with fresh herbs (I always use parsley, but it will fit perfectly and basil, and coriander, and dill).
Thanks to rice, vegetable soup turned out very satisfying, but at the same time retained all its useful properties: after all, we used for its preparation only natural vegetables and spices. Aromatic tomato soup - an excellent option for lunch in fasting days. For those who observe Lent, the site "I Love to Cook" offers many recipes for lean soup-mashed potatoes. Bon Appetit. And be sure to try the lean borsch with beans and lean gazpacho soup.