Lenten soup with mushrooms can be boldly cooked by vegetarians or by those who follow certain traditions. It has a peculiar vegetable taste, but the presence of mushrooms of different kinds already changes its taste. Oyster mushrooms do not bring any special flavor to the home borsch recipe, but they are always in supermarkets, so they are easier to get. But the white mushroom already gives the borscht a characteristic spicy note. Noteworthy even lean borscht is that it is quickly prepared, literally in half an hour you will already have a fragrant, thick, first course. So that you can enjoy a useful, vitamin and delicious dish for dinner, see Step-by-step cooking of lean borsch with mushrooms with a photo.
Ingredients for cooking lean borsch with mushrooms
|Large beet||1 PC|
|Bulb onions||1 PC|
|Tomato paste||2 s.|
|Vegetable oil||30 ml|
|Bay leaf||2 pcs|
Step-by-step cooking of lean borsch with mushrooms with a photo
- To make a vegetable broth, dip a peeled carrot, an onion, potatoes and a bay leaf into a pot of water. Put it on the fire. When it boils, make the fire average.
- Cut the oyster mushrooms with strips.
- Red beets grind in a blender or cut into very thin straws.
- Heat the frying pan with butter and fry the mushrooms and chopped beets for 6-8 minutes, then add the tomato paste and a little water and put it out for another 2 minutes.
- If instead of tomato paste you put a tomato juice, pour it then directly into the borscht at the end of cooking.
- When the vegetables in the broth are almost ready, add the chopped cabbage.
- After 5 minutes, add the stewed beets with mushrooms and cook the lean borscht for another 2-3 minutes.
- В самом конце приготовления, извлеките из борща лавровый лист, морковь и лук. Борщ посолите и поперчите taste, добавьте мелко нарубленный чеснок. Если есть зелень, мелко нарубите и бросьте в борщ, снимите с огня и накройте крышкой.
Lenten soup is served with rye or white bread. On the bread you can serve mustard or ajika. Bon Appetit!