Lovers of Russian borsch (foreigners call it compote of vegetables) I want to offer this recipe: lean borscht with beans. A dish of vegetarian cuisine, incredibly tasty and fragrant, will suit those who keep fasting. Lenten vegetarian borsch consists only of vegetables that are rich in vitamins, and just a find for the winter and spring time - with it, no avitaminosis threatens you. Cooking it is easy, borscht is cooked quickly (which allows you to save all the vitamins). Borscht, thanks to the bean, turns out to be very rich and rich, so it not only sates well, but also charges with energy for the whole day. So, let's get started.
- one carrot (approximately 150 grams);
- 1 medium beet;
- one onion;
- one glass of beans (you can use both red and white);
- 5 medium-sized potatoes;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- one tablespoon of tomato paste;
- one tablespoon of a dried mixture of Provencal herbs;
- one tablespoon of dried parsley;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 2 tablespoons dried vegetables (you can use the prepared mixture for roasting);
- 3-5 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Delicious vegetarian borsch with beans. Step-by-step recipe
- Take a full glass of large red beans (I like it more, but you can use white), pour cold or warm water to cover the beans about 3 centimeters, and leave it for the whole night. The next day, the water is drained, poured over a new one, in a saucepan, and cook for 40 minutes after boiling (over low heat).
- We cut potatoes with straws (as on french fries) or as you are more usual, we shred beet with a very thin straw (I rub on the grater, I do not like large pieces of beet in the soup).
- Also very finely shinky onions and carrots.
- After the incident, we send the potatoes to the pan with boiled beans for 40 minutes and leave for another 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan with preheated vegetable oil (I use sunflower), put the cut onion and fry for one minute on high heat. Add the carrots to the frying pan and fry the same.
- We send the beets to the vegetables in the frying pan, add a little salt and 2 tablespoons of water, reduce the heat to a minimum and continue cooking under the lid for five minutes.
- Put tomato paste and stewed vegetables in a saucepan. Solim to taste, pour a mixture of Provencal herbs, dried parsley greens (or dill), a mixture of dried vegetables (for flavor) and black pepper - peas or fragrant. Stir, cover the saucepan and continue to cook for another five minutes.
- Shinkoo very thinly cabbage, grind garlic, and send it all to the pan for another two minutes (cook under the lid).
We serve a delicious borsch with beans, sprinkled with herbs. A fragrant, unusually tasty vegetarian borscht will suit those who keep fasting. Lenten borsch with beans turns out to be very satisfying, vitamin - it will not only saturate, but will also charge with energy. The site "I love to cook" is glad to offer you many more recipes for lean and vegetarian dishes. Welcome!!! And be sure to try tomato soup with rice and garlic and lean soup gazpacho.