The best borsch for me is one in which three main flavors are combined: salty, sweet and sour. It must necessarily be purple red, with a light scent of garlic and cooked on meat broth. Homemade borsch should be just this. Together with "I love to cook" I offer you a recipe for home borscht, which you can repeat at home. I give the proportions to a 3 liter pot.
- beef - 500 grams;
- potatoes - 4 pieces;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- cabbage - the floor of the head (where it is 0.5 kg);
- beets - 1 piece;
- tomato paste - 3 tablespoons;
- lemon - half;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- bay leaf - 3-4 pieces;
- salt, pepper, sugar - to taste.
A delicious borsch. Step-by-step recipe
- Let's start with the broth. Boil water and put whole meat into it. After boiling, remove the foam, add peppercorn and cook for about 1.5 hours.
- In the meantime, let's take care of the vegetables. We cut the potatoes into cubes (2 pieces left entirely). Carrots and beets three on a large grater, cabbage shred like a salad, onions cut into cubes.
- Beetroot must be fried in vegetable oil, add lemon juice, so that the beet does not lose its color. Fry about 7 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan fry the onions, add the carrots, then add the tomato paste, mix well.
- After 40 minutes, after boiling the meat, it should be salted and add 2 whole potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Then get the potatoes and send them to the frying pan.
- In a frying pan, mash potatoes in mashed potatoes. This is necessary in order to borsch was thicker, but this is not necessary, you can skip this point.
- After 1.5 hours the meat was cooked. We take it from the pan, put it on a board and cut it into pieces. We send pieces of meat to the broth. If you need to top up the boiled water.
- Then add the cabbage. And cook for 10-15 minutes. Next let the potatoes and fry. All mix and cook for 10 minutes.
- Almost at the very end we throw the fried beets, bay leaf. We cook for another 7 minutes.
- Solim, pepper, sugar and squeeze garlic. Turn off the gas. Give the borscht to brew at least 1 hour.
And now a few recommendations: it's better to use beef ribs. Who likes borsch with beans, add beans, and miss the point with crushed potatoes. And, of course, the most important secret is that the borsch is much more delicious the next day. At the bottom you can see a detailed video of this recipe. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try to cook borscht soup and borsch with beef.