The opinion that, how to cook a thick red borsch can vary depending on taste preferences, terrain and even opportunities. Home-made borscht recipe, which I propose to you, can rightfully be called the most delicious. After all, it has everything, meat, beets, potatoes and cabbage, and, of course, a thick and fragrant roast. The main thing in cooking delicious borscht recipe classic with a photo step by step "To the spoon stood", it does not digest the vegetables so that the potatoes are not boiled, and the cabbage is crunchy. Borsch can be prepared from any meat, but it is better if it is on the bone. Then the broth will be more rich. In the season of vegetables, it is possible to cook borscht from fresh products, and in winter from billets for borsch, frozen or canned. An irreplaceable companion of a borscht bowl for dinner is sour cream, so do not forget to buy it, as well as fresh parsley or dill greens.
Ingredients for borsch on a 5 liter pot
|Beetroot (small)||2 pcs|
|Bulb onions||1 PC|
|Bulgarian pepper||1 PC|
|Tomato paste (or tomato juice)||2 tbsp. l. (500 ml)|
|Vegetable oil||50 grams|
Step-by-step cooking borscht "To a spoon stood" with a photo
- To make broth for borsch, pour the meat 4 liters of water and cook over medium heat for 1.5 hours. Do not forget to remove the foam. When the meat is cooked, remove it, chop it, and then send it back to the broth. Put broth again to boil.
- Rub the beetroot on a large grater or chop the thin strips. Throw the beetroot into the boiling broth. Make a weak fire to allow the broth to simmer.
- Potatoes нарежьте маленькими кубиками.
- Send the potatoes to the pan as soon as the broth with the beets boils. Cook the potatoes until half cooked, about 7 minutes. The time depends on the type of potatoes.
- Cabbage chop thin strips. It is a large amount of cabbage makes the borscht thick, so that the spoon stands.
- While potatoes are brewed, you can cook the roast. Cut small cubes onions and fry it in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add the rubbed carrots to the onion, mix.
- Then add chopped finely, Bulgarian pepper, put out the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the frying pan tomato juice or diluted tomato paste in the broth. Stir, let it simmer for 1-2 minutes and turn off the fire.
- Once the potatoes are cooked to half-cooked, throw the shredded cabbage into a saucepan.
- When broth with cabbage boils, pour in the roast, mix. Salt and pepper borscht to your liking.
- Let the soup bake on low heat for 10 minutes. After deenergizing, add the crushed garlic to the borsch and cover with a lid. After 20-30 minutes, borsch can be served to the table.
Borscht served with finely chopped fresh herbs, as well as sour cream. Bon Appetit!