Looking for a new delicious dish to please guests or their loved ones: I suggest preparing delicious eggplants with tomato and cheese, according to my grandmother's recipe. Eggplant is probably one of the most popular vegetables that are used in cooking - and this is not surprising: it is perfectly combined with many products. With vegetables: tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, potatoes - as well as with meat, mushrooms or cheese. Eggplants baked in the oven with tomatoes, with a ruddy cheese crust, is a hearty snack that can be served both hot and cold.
- 2 pieces of large eggplant;
- 4 pieces of tomatoes;
- 300 grams of hard cheese;
- 200 grams of olive oil or other vegetable oil;
- 1 onion;
- salt to taste;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- black ground pepper to taste.
Very tasty eggplants with tomato and cheese. Step-by-step recipe
- To begin with, we prepare eggplants: they need to be washed, cut into slices one centimeter thick, sprinkle well with salt from both sides and put in a colander: about fifteen minutes.
- It is better to use young eggplants: the overripe has much more bitterness, which can spoil the taste of the dish.
- In order to remove the bitterness of eggplants, they must be salted and left for a while, so that they let the juice and all the bitterness. After this, you can safely continue to prepare eggplant on prescription.
- We pass to the preparation of tomatoes: they need to be washed and cut into rings, half a centimeter thick. Cut the tomatoes in a separate bowl.
- Next, we clean the onion, wash it and cut it into a small cube.
- When the onions are cut, we clean the garlic and also, with the help of a knife, cut into small cubes (for grinding garlic you can use a grater or a press).
- Hard cheese should be grated on a large grater.
- When eggplants were allowed to juice, you need to wipe them with paper towels. Next, eggplant should be fried from two sides in a frying pan with olive or other vegetable oil (about 150 grams of oil).
- Fried aubergines should be evenly spread out in a bowl for baking.
- Pour olive oil or other vegetable oil on a clean frying pan (about 50 grams of oil is used), fry the chopped onion and garlic until it is transparent. Onions with garlic put on chopped tomatoes and put out five minutes: in the process of extinguishing tomatoes add salt (1-1.5 teaspoons), sugar (1 teaspoon) and black ground pepper (0.5 teaspoonfuls).
- When all the ingredients in the frying pan are extinguished, they need to be evenly layered on the eggplant in a uniform.
- On top of the tomatoes put the grated cheese and evenly distribute it.
- Oven to warm up to 180 degrees and send our dish to it, about fifteen to twenty minutes, for baking. During this time, the cheese should blush.
Very tasty eggplants with tomato and cheese are ready, you can decorate them before serving with greens. If you like spices, then you can add them according to your preferences. Dish from eggplants is prepared easily, but the result will definitely please you. On the site "Very tasty" you can find a lot of recipes for delicious snacks. Bon Appetit!