Who loves Turkish cuisine, he will appreciate very delicious eggplants in Turkish, and who has never tried - he will fall in love with her after this recipe. The taste and aroma of snacks from eggplant simply makes you crazy, and you can cook it at home. In the summer season, delicious and tender eggplants can serve as an appetizer, and a side dish, and a full-fledged second course. In Turkey, eggplant is proudly called "the king of vegetables" and "pear of love", without it it is simply impossible to imagine the menu of the Turkish family. Eggplants in Turkish with pepper and mint, cooked at home, will perfectly fit into the menu of a family dinner and decorate any festive feast.
- 2-3 eggplants;
- one sweet Bulgarian pepper;
- a teaspoon of zira;
- 20 grams of mint;
- one kilogram of minced meat;
- 2 fresh fleshy tomatoes;
- one large head of onions;
- 2 feather of green onion;
- 50-70 gram green;
- several leaves of mint (optional);
- salt and black ground pepper to taste;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 200 milliliters of tomato juice;
- 40 milliliters of vegetable oil;
- 0.5 teaspoon oregano.
Very tasty eggplants in Turkish. Step-by-step recipe
- Eggplant, remove the tails, cut into circles 1-1.5 centimeters thick.
- Fold the eggplant rings in a saucepan, salt and leave for 20 minutes.
- The head of the onion (one large can be replaced by 2 small ones) is very finely chopped. Half we send in minced meat, and half we will use for preparation of sauce.
- Minced meat with salt and pepper, we mix everything thoroughly with our hands. For taste, we add a pinch of zira to the stuffing.
- Tomatoes are peeled (you can preliminarily heat them with boiling water, it will be easier to peel), remove the peduncle. Cut into small cubes.
- With sweet Bulgarian peppers, we remove the seeds and stem, and also cut them into small cubes.
- Put tomatoes and peppers in one bowl.
- We cut the greens (I have parsley).
- Grind garlic cloves.
- In the frying pan pour a little vegetable oil, heat and lay onions. After the onion is slightly fried (literally 2-3 minutes), put the tomatoes and pepper into the frying pan.
- Stew vegetables on medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7-10 minutes.
- Then pour into the frying pan tomato juice, salt and pepper to taste. Stir, bring to a boil, lay half of sliced greenery and half of garlic, several leaves of mint. Sprinkle oregano.
- Stir all carefully, stew the gravy for another three minutes.
- With eggplants merge the released liquid. We put in a baking dish aubergine circles (we put them on the rib), placing between them minced meat. As it is beautiful to do, look at the video under the recipe.
- Fill with tomato sauce from a frying pan, we spread the sauce.
- We send the form with aubergines in the oven (covered with a lid), heated to 180 degrees. Bake until cooked.
- We lay out a snack of eggplant on a plate with sauce, sprinkle with the remaining greens and garlic (they must first be mixed).
An extraordinarily tasty dish of eggplant in Turkish is an excellent option for a hearty dinner, if the garnish serves rice or mashed potatoes. And the ideal option for dinner - as a self-serving dish without garnish. You can see even more recipes of Turkish cuisine with turn-based cooking on our website "Very tasty".