And do you know how to cook puff cakes with onions? Katlama scones are a recipe of the national cuisine of the Turkic peoples: they are prepared by the Tatars, Uzbeks and Bashkirs. Cakes are always soft, with a crispy crust and a fragrant filling (you can only lubricate with oil). You can eat instead of bread or just with tea. The taste is simply delicious, kind of appetizing! Preparation of tortillas called "Katlama" is very affordable and quite interesting. They can be baked in the oven or simply fried in a cauldron, with a lot of oil. I propose to cook at home, in the oven: this will be a more useful dish. About how to prepare them correctly and quickly, I'll tell you below.
- Yeast pressed - 20 grams (dry - 7 grams);
- Wheat flour - 380 grams;
- water is warm - 230 milliliters;
- salt - 9 grams;
- sugar - 9 grams;
- bulb - 1 piece;
- butter - 90 grams;
- vegetable oil;
- sesame seeds;
Very delicious katlama tortillas. Step-by-step recipe
- According to the genre classics, we prepare the yeast dough first. But there are recipes without the use of yeast. I prefer the first option: the dough turns out more airy, with the aroma of fresh bread. Mix sugar and fresh yeast, dilute with warm water, heated to 38 degrees.
- To knead the dough, take a large cup to make it more comfortable. We pour the yeast with water (if you are not sure about the quality of the yeast, leave them for five minutes, before the foam appears on top), add salt and a third of the flour.
- Stir and add another third of the prepared flour. By the way, do not be lazy to sift the flour, so remove unnecessary lumps (trash) from the flour and make it more friable.
- Add the rest of the flour, knead the soft and elastic dough, a little denser than the buns or patties.
- We remove under a damp towel or a film: I just wrapped the food film. Leave on the table for 10 minutes.
- Diluted and increased in size, the dough is divided into several equal parts. I will make small cakes, about 20 cm in diameter. Therefore, I cut into three pieces. To roll out thin, it takes a lot of space: consider the size of your desk.
- Each piece of dough is kneaded, put on a board or table, sprinkled with flour. Cover with a film or a towel to avoid the formation of a crust on top of the dough. Leave for another 10 minutes.
- For the filling, cut very thinly the onion, mix it with spices: to taste, salt and pepper. From spices I took turmeric and zir (0.5 teaspoon each). Zir before the addition must be rubbed with your hands, it so best gives its flavor.
- We take a piece of dough, roll it out, lightly sprinkling with flour, into a thin layer, up to 1 millimeter thick: the table should practically be visible. If it does not work out, roll out thicker. Just the thinner the dough, the more layers you get.
- Melt the butter and lubricate it with the entire surface of the rolled dough. The oil must be cold. Use different fats for lubrication: animals or vegetable, and sometimes they are mixed.
- We distribute onions with spices. The bulb can be fried in vegetable oil (optional).
- The dough with the filling is cut into pieces. The width of the strips is about 5 centimeters.
- The first piece is rolled into a roll, put it on the next one and wrap it with it. There is one more variant: we put strips on each other, and then all together we twist in a roll.
- We put the received roll vertically. Lightly pressing on the middle, we form a flat cake, forming the sides. Thus, the flat cake in the middle is thin, and on the sides of the border: a maximum of 2 cm.
- In the same way, we make a flat cake without onions. In the same sequence.
- We cover the tray with parchment, distribute cakes. If necessary, you can give them a more even form on the baking sheet.
- We lubricate the top with a brush, you can use an egg. In the middle, where a thin dough, we puncture with a fork so that the dough does not rise.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. The time will take 20-25 minutes, depending on the resources of your plate. As soon as a ruddy crust appears on top, we get it.
The fragrant katlama is delicious: try to cook! Different flavors are obtained by adding different fillings! In our family, if you watched my recipes, very much like various scones. So: these are some of the most loved! Cook and please your loved ones. See other baking recipes on the channel "Food for Any Taste" and on the site "Very tasty": there is a variety of delicious dishes. Bon Appetit!