I want to share a recipe for an unsurpassed classic French baguette. You can bake it at home: and enjoy a wonderful taste. The recipe for this baking is not very complex and under the power of every housewife. I tried the home baguettes of my grandmother: and could not believe that they could be made at home. The prepared baguette turns out very fragrant, gentle, with a crisp crust and fluffy crumb.
- 170 milliliters of warm water;
- a pinch of salt;
- 250 grams of flour;
- yeast on the tip of the knife.
- 12.5 grams of yeast (2.5 teaspoons);
- 0.5 liters of warm water;
- 3 teaspoons of salt;
- 750 grams of flour.
Unrivaled classic French baguette. Step-by-step recipe
- First of all, we will make a baguette. In a convenient dish, pour warm water (32-35 degrees), pour the yeast on the tip of the knife, mix and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, take the flour: it must be sifted with a sieve in a separate bowl, add a pinch of salt, yeast with water and mix - should get a soft, homogeneous mass. The dough can be gently kneaded.
- After this, the spoon should be covered with a food film and left for 12-16 hours in a warm place.
- After twelve hours, you can proceed to prepare the baguette test. In a comfortable dish, add warm water (32-35 degrees), pour the yeast and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, flour should be sifted, add salt and mix.
- After ten minutes have passed, yeast with water should be mixed and added to the flour.
- To mix all the ingredients, you can use the dough mixer, mixer or knead it.
- Mixer, at a low speed, stir the flour and gradually pour in water with yeast.
- Continuing to knead the dough, you need to gradually add the prepared sponge. The dough should be carefully kneaded.
- We put the mixed dough in a convenient dish and cover with a food film. Cover the dough in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. During this time, the dough should increase 4-5 times.
- The dough that came up, put on a work surface, sprinkled with flour, hands also sprinkled with flour. We knead the dough, fold it in the form of an envelope, wash the excess flour with a brush, transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with a food film and leave it in a warm place for an hour. Dough should be more 4-5 times.
- The working surface is sprinkled with flour, we put dough on it, and sprinkle our hands with flour. The dough should be kneaded and divided into five or six parts: it all depends on how thick the baguette you want to get.
- We take one part of the dough and roll it into a roll, bending all the corners inward. So we roll all the separated parts of the test.
- We take a rolled piece of dough and with one hand raise a little and wrap the edge of the dough, and press the second hand: you need to do this along the entire length of the workpiece. We turn the dough and do the same, but on the other hand, twice in a row: the stock should be shaped like a baguette. With the help of the palms we roll the baguette to the required length.
- We cover the baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the baguettes and cover with a towel. Using a water spray, lightly you need to moisten the towel and leave it for 60 minutes.
- When the hour has passed, you need to use a scalpel or a blade to make incisions on the baguettes diagonally (the depth of the incisions is 0.5 centimeters) at a distance of 4-5 centimeters.
- The oven needs to be warmed up to 240 degrees beforehand, and bake the baguettes to a golden color: about twenty minutes. If you have an oven without a humidifier, then before you put the baguettes, you need to moisten the oven with a spray of water.
- Ready to take out the baguette from the oven, put it on the grate and allow it to cool down.
When the baguettes are a bit cold, they can be eaten. The fragrance of French baguettes is simply unbeatable. They can be served with different jams or butter. My homemade love baguettes with garlic: they perfectly complement the first dishes. On the site "Very tasty" you can find other delicious recipes.