Tomatoes are one of the most popular vegetables in our country, that only we do not cook from it - sauces, seasonings, juices. And here is another recipe for fine marinated tomatoes with carrot tops. The plant gives tomatoes sweetness and a pronounced flavor, makes them more saturated. The recipe, of course, delicious, I recommend.
- carrot tops;
- Bay leaf.
- For marinade:
- water - 5 liters;
- sugar - 20 tablespoons;
- salt - 5 tablespoons;
- vinegar 9% - 350 milliliters.
Step-by-step recipe of tomatoes marinated with carrot tops
- Tomatoes are well washed, near the buttocks with a toothpick, make a few holes so that they do not crack.
- At the bottom of a 3-liter jar I put 3-4 sprigs of carrot tops and 4-5 cloves of garlic and one bay leaf. Top the tomatoes.
- Boil water and pour boiling water on the tomatoes in the jar, let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Then pour the water back into the pan. Make marinade add salt, sugar and vinegar bring to a boil. Please note that the proportions in the recipe are indicated in 5 liters of water.
- The resulting marinade is filled with tomatoes, rolls the jar with a lid, and wrapped up in a blanket in an inverted form. Let it stand so until it cools down completely.
- Keep in a cool place.
I really hope that you will like marinated tomatoes with carrot tops for the winter. Why not, I love experiments in the kitchen and every year I try to close new pieces to surprise and please myself and my family.
Delicious food to you, and a pleasant appetite!