The world famous American salad Cobb - a classic, has not lost its popularity for almost a century. For myself, I call it "Salad three desires" - delicious, beautiful, and most importantly quickly. Such an irresistible dish can be prepared for both a family dinner and a festive table. He really looks just gorgeous! But the most highlight of the Cobb salad is lurking in the gas station - it unites absolutely different ingredients, shading the special taste of each of them.
- stalks of celery - 70 grams (for the replacement of fresh cucumber);
- quail eggs - 8-9 pieces (chicken - 4 pieces);
- tomatoes - 150 grams;
- chicken fillet (fried) - 180 grams;
- avocado - 1 piece;
- hard cheese - 100 grams;
- lettuce leaves - 80-100 grams.
- Dijon (grain) mustard - 1 teaspoon;
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons;
- olive oil - 4 tablespoons;
- salt - ⅓ teaspoonful;
- honey or sugar - 1 teaspoon.
A real Cobb salad. Step-by-step recipe
- Lettuce leaves are torn and laid out on a flat platter.
- Stem celery cut into a thickness of 1 centimeter and put them one long row on the leaves of the salad on one side of the plate. Celery can be replaced with fresh cucumber.
- Tip: lay out all the ingredients in fairly dense rows so that everything fits you. Before you spread the salad, approximately calculate the same place for each ingredient.
- Boil the eggs hard (for quail eggs - 5 minutes from the boiling point, for chicken eggs - 8-10 minutes). Remove from the fire and immediately shift them into cold water - because of the temperature drop, the eggs will be well cleaned. We cut quail eggs into 4 parts, and chicken into 6-8 parts. And neatly lay out their second near the celery.
- Tomatoes of medium size are cut into 4 parts and cut into small plates (0.5 centimeter thick). Spread the same long row after the eggs.
- Chop the fried chicken fillets approximately 1 centimeter thick. When frying, the fillet can be tasted with any spices (I mostly use curry and basil). Fried chicken fillet can be substituted for ham or smoked chicken breast.
- Avocado is divided into 4 parts, peeled and cut into medium strips with a thickness of 0.5-0.7 centimeters. Spread out on a dish.
- Hard cheese cut into small blocks, approximately 0.5 centimeter thick. We post it after the avocado.
- Step-by-step preparation of the dressing: combine the olive oil (extra virgin) with apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, add honey and garlic, grated on a fine grater. All well beat up to a beautiful homogeneous mass. Instead of apple you can use any fruit vinegar or lemon juice. If you do not consume honey, you can replace it with sugar. Only in this case, whip the dressing until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refueling is poured into a saucepan and served together with a salad separately.
Cobb salad in the American way turned out simply magnificent! Another plus in such an original presentation - guests can impose themselves on the plate exactly the products that they eat, and then water them with refueling. Prepare this salad immediately before serving, as vegetables can wither over time, and the sauce can be prepared in advance. Prepare together with "Very tasty" simple, useful and original dishes! Bon Appetit!