The most delicate Armenian lavash on this recipe is completely baked, has a layered structure, it is elastic and very tasty. Lavash my homemade absorb very quickly, only have time to fry. And I liked this recipe for the fact that for cooking various dishes you do not have to look for thin lavash in stores: it's faster and easier to cook yourself. I often use Armenian lavash not only as bread, but also as a universal ingredient for preparing quick snacks: puff cakes, rolls and even lasagna.
- 350 grams of wheat flour;
- 180 milliliters of boiling water;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- one teaspoon of salt.
The thinnest Armenian lavash. Step-by-step recipe
- Pour the water into a saucepan or pot, bring to a boil. Remove from the fire and immediately add salt. Stir until the salt is completely dissolved.
- We sift the flour into a deep bowl (in it, and then we knead the dough), make a groove and pour in there boiling water with salt parts, immediately mixing with a fork.
- We pour in the vegetable oil, continuing to mix with a fork.
- When the dough cools down to a comfortable temperature, transfer it to the table and continue to knead with your hands (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Ready dough soft, elastic, pleasant to the touch. It does not stick at all to the hands.
- We wrap the dough in a bag, remove it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- The finished dough is rolled into a flagellum, divided into 12 parts.
- Roll each piece into a cake with a diameter of 22 centimeters. The cake turns out to be very thin, even the table is visible through it.
- We put a plate of the desired diameter on the dough, cut the edges evenly.
- Roll out all the cakes at once, because they are very quickly roasted. Sprinkle them with flour and add them to each other.
- Fry the tortillas in a dry hot frying pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove the scones from the frying pan with a brush using water, on each side. To do this necessarily, otherwise cakes will be dry and brittle.
- Cover with a wet towel and leave for 30 minutes. Then we remove it in a bag and put it away in the refrigerator. Lavash can be stored for up to three days in the refrigerator. If you put it in the freezer, you can store it for a very long time.
There are a lot of recipes for Armenian lavash, but this is the simplest, even novice culinary specialists can cook it. Recipes of snacks prepared from Armenian lavash, see on my channel and on the site "Very tasty".