Natural currant syrup can be used wherever your culinary fantasies allow. From currant syrup you can cook various sauces, liqueurs, use it as a dressing for desserts. Syrup from the currant for the winter is very useful improves blood circulation, calms the heart rhythm, stimulates the work of the heart.
- Natural juice from red or black currant - 1 liter;
- Sugar - 1.5 kilograms.
Step-by-step recipe for currant syrup
- Strain in a large pot of currant berries peeled from branches and leaves. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes to isolate the juice.
- Frozen juice filtered into an enamel saucepan, add sugar and heat on low heat with stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Hot syrup filtered through cheesecloth, heated again to 95 ° C, without bringing to a boil, poured into sterilized jars and rolled.
- Leave the cans until completely cooled.
After cooling, the currant syrup is ready for use.
Do not be afraid of culinary experiments, good luck to you!