An amazing fruit, in the summer it pleases us with its sweetness, and in winter it can turn into an original snack! Of course, you guessed it - it's a watermelon! Watermelons are harvested whole or slices, salted or marinated. It all depends on the type of watermelon or personal preferences. The most delicious pickled watermelons are obtained in oak barrels. A home recipe and an affordable way of harvesting watermelons for the inhabitants of apartments for the winter, is the pickling or pickling of these fruits in cans. It is best to give preference to the fermentation, since during natural fermentation, useful trace elements are formed, and all members of the family can eat them without risk to health.
Perhaps, the most important moment in harvesting watermelons, is to choose a fruit without nitrates. Here are some tips on how to choose a good watermelon: if possible, choose a home watermelon, it should have yellow spot and bright, contrasting strips. The flesh must be of uniform color, pink or red, but not yellow. Avoid overripe fruits, but slightly immature, will do, as in the recipe there is sugar. So, we will learn how to prepare pickled watermelons in jars for the winter recipe with a photo step by step to a 3 liter jar---
Ingredients for the preparation of pickled watermelons
Step-by-step preparation of pickled watermelons on a 3 liter jar with a photo
- Wash watermelons, cut into 4 parts, remove the green peel and slice.
- In a dry, sterilized 3 liter jar, place the inflorescences of dill, hot pepper, cut garlic cloves and a piece of horseradish on the bottom.
- Tamp the jar with watermelon slices as long as it enters.
- Add salt and sugar, and also inflorescence of dill.
- Pour cold water to the top. Cover with a kapron cap, shake it with a jar to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Leave a jar of watermelons at room temperature for 3 days. The process of fermentation will begin, the brine becomes cloudy and will bubble.
- Через три дня уберите банку в холодильник на 1 месяц. За это время брожение, хоть и медленное, будет делать своё дело. Watermelonы станут кисло-сладкими, остренькими и пикантными.
Sour watermelon is served as a snack for meat dishes. They contribute to better appetite and digestion. Bon Appetit!