A very good way to apply green tomatoes, which in the kitchen gardens were suddenly caught by the cold, is to marinate, ferment or cook them in Korean. Of green tomatoes, even brew jam. I did not try it, but the sauerkrained, stuffed with garlic and herbs, yes. Quailed green tomatoes in Georgian recipe with a photo for the winter, I assure you, a very tasty cold snack! For salting and harvesting for winter, both fully green tomatoes and brown are suitable. Unlike ripe, red tomatoes, green leaves after ripening dense. But the taste they get is simply stunning. This largely depends on the large number and variety of greens and spices with which tomatoes are stuffed. I offer you the most delicious home-made recipe for pickled tomatoes in Georgian, cook it boldly, you'll definitely like it!
Ingredients for preparation of pickled green tomatoes in Georgian
|Tomatoes are green (brown)||4 kg|
|Bulgarian pepper||2-3 pcs.|
|Hot pepper||100-200 grams|
|Salt||2 tbsp. l. (with slide)|
Preparation step-by-step with a photo of a pickled green tomato in Georgian
- To make a filling for a tomato, chop the garlic, all the greens and Bulgarian pepper. Cut the greens and vegetables very finely.
- Pound the sharp peppers into small cubes. Mix all the crushed ingredients in a bowl.
- With the help of hands, change greens and vegetables.
- Wash tomatoes, make in them an incision, but not to the end. If the tomato is large, make an incision in a cross so that the filling can soak the entire fruit.
- Fill the vegetable mixture with all the cut tomatoes. Try to do it more densely, but do not damage the tomato.
- Put green tomatoes first on the bottom of a clean can, and brown ones nearer to the top. Brown is prepared more quickly and can be eaten first. The remaining stuffing can fill the space in the bank.
- Prepare the brine. Pour water into the pan, add salt, bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill with hot brine cans with tomatoes.
- Cover the jars with plastic covers. Leave at room temperature for fermentation for several days. It depends on the size of the tomatoes. Usually, small tomatoes are brewed for 1 week, and large ones for about 2 weeks. During fermentation, the brine may overflow, so do not forget to put a plate under the jar. Then, remove the jars in the refrigerator for ripening.
Quailed green tomatoes in Georgian style are served with fragrant vegetable oil. Bon Appetit!