Let's prepare together for a picnic, a children's holiday or we'll arrange a very tasty, original snack with unusual sausages in the deep-fried test. The usual classic in the yeast test is already slightly boring. But not so long ago in our fast-food establishments appeared American root-dogs, which are increasingly becoming popular. These are very interesting sausages on skewers in the form of a spiral with a tasty, slightly crumbly corn dough. The most original is that the dough does not envelop the sausage, but is fried in a deep frying pan or frying pan next to it, and then it all together is simply a delightful harmony of taste. I will not talk for long, it's worth trying!
- sausages long - 6 pieces (for replacement: 12 pieces small);
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- flour - 100 grams;
- Covers - 100 grams of corn;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- vegetable oil for frying - 300 milliliters;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon.
Sausage in the deep-fried test. Step-by-step recipe
- We combine in a bowl sifted corn and wheat flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and mix everything.
- In a mixture of dry ingredients, pour in milk in 2-3 meals and mix everything well.
- We mix a very soft dough: it will even stick to your hands, but that's the way it should be. Note that cornmeal can not be replaced by another type.
- Lubricate the hands abundantly with vegetable oil and form our mixture in a bowl. We wrap it in a food film and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- We prepare sausages: we clean them from the shell, if you have long, then cut it in half. We put each sausage on the skewer. After we take the knife and cut the spiral. When you cut it, then take the knife to the wooden skewer with a knife (for more details see the video under the recipe).
- Slightly move the sausage so that the spiral is more pronounced. So do with all the sausages.
- Lubricate the hands with vegetable oil, select a small portion of the test: the size of a walnut. We roll from it a sausage approximately 0.7 centimeter thick and about 20 centimeters long.
- We take a sausage on a stick and twist the dough into the furrows of the spiral. If you do not have a twisted tail, then tear it off. Try to squeeze it well into the sausage at the beginning and at the end. As a result, you will get a two-color spiral. Similarly, make out the rest of the sausages.
- We heat a large amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan, if you have deep fryers, then you can safely use it. Before frying, you need to check the desired temperature of the vegetable oil. To do this, throw a small piece of dough into a frying pan: and if it starts to boil in oil, then you can start frying.
- Fry the spirals until the golden color of the dough. Periodically turn so that they are evenly fried. If you cook sausages in a deep-fried test, then they are immediately fried evenly, and there is no need to turn them.
- Ready spirals laid on a paper towel and let drain off excess fat.
Home sausages in the deep-fried test are ready! A very tasty mix of slightly crumbly corn dough and roasted sausages. It's good that the sausage itself is fried without dough - it has a very fragrant, toasty crust, and the taste itself becomes more pronounced. Unlike the usual variant with a yeast shell, where the sausage is only slightly steamed. Also, if you categorically avoid dishes cooked deep-fried, then the sausages can be baked in the oven at 180 degrees: about 15-20 minutes. Very well, such spirals are combined with various sauces (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise and others). Prepare with us original dishes at home: and let's arrange a feast for the stomach!
Enjoy your appetite from "I love cooking"!