Sauerkraut with cabbage and cranberries not only a delicious preparation, but also a whole storehouse of vitamins. With the arrival of colds, many viruses are activated, and colds become frequent in every family. Vitamin C, which is very rich in sauerkraut and cranberries, will help you protect your body from diseases and strengthen immunity. But it is important to know how to properly sour cabbage, so that it remains crisp and retained its nutritional properties, and at the same time was very tasty. For this, I suggest you home-made recipe for sauerkraut with cranberries step by step with a photo. Such cabbage can be served to dishes of meat, pilaf, as well as garnishes from potatoes.
Ingredients for the preparation of sauerkraut with cranberries
|White cabbage||5 kg|
Step-by-step cooking sauerkraut with cranberries with a photo
- Cranberries wash, remove the damaged berries.
- Peel cabbage from the top, hard leaves. Shred in a convenient way for you.
- Peel the carrots and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Combine cabbage, carrots and salt.
- Well, smash the cabbage with your hands until the juice appears.
- Add the cranberries to the cabbage, mix. At this stage, you can add to taste cumin, black pepper peas or bay leaf.
- Thoroughly cabbage in three-liter jars or an enamel pot. From above put oppression. Leave the cabbage at room temperature for 5-6 days. It is very important several times a day to pierce cabbage. This should be done to release air, otherwise cabbage will get an unpleasant smell. Quitting will end when the cabbage ceases to release gas.
- After the sauerkraut with the cranberries cooked, take it to the refrigerator. After cooling, it is ready for use.
Sour cabbage can be poured with scented sunflower oil or olive oil, and also decorated with fresh herbs. Bon Appetit!