I will share with you a wonderful recipe of pumpkin juice for home cooking for the winter. I agree with you that it is best to drink freshly squeezed juice without adding sugar. But sometimes you want to get a ready-made juice from the pantry and enjoy its pleasant, delicate taste. To taste the drink was not monotonous, citric acid is used, which also serves as a preservative. Do not be afraid of citric acid, since this is a natural product and in small amounts even beneficial to the body. The amount of added sugar is directly related to the taste of the pumpkin itself. If it is sweet, you will need less sugar in this home recipe. Also pumpkin juice for winter at home can be made more liquid or add less water and you will get a delicious, homemade pumpkin juice puree for the winter.
Ingredients for cooking pumpkin juice
|Pumpkin Peeled||3 kg|
|Lemon acid||2 tsp.|
Preparation step-by-step from a photo of pumpkin juice-mashed potatoes for the winter
- Peel the pumpkin from the peel and seeds. Remove the fibers. Slice the pumpkin into small pieces.
- В кастрюлю налейте 2 liters очищенной воды, поставьте на огонь.
- As soon as the water boils, add the sliced pumpkin into it and cook it until ready. Cover the pan with a lid. Usually the pumpkin is cooked for about 10 minutes.
- Then, when the pumpkin becomes soft, it is necessary to turn it into puree. This can be done with a submerged blender, and can also be passed through a juicer or sieve.
- In the resulting puree add sugar and citric acid, mix.
- Then add boiling water as much as you think necessary, for example, 2-3 glasses. Also taste it, maybe you have to add more sugar.
- Put the pan on the stove and bring the juice to a boil. Remove the formed foam. When it stops appearing, then the juice is ready.
- Pour the juice over the sterilized jars and seal them. Wrap the blanket until it cools down. By the way, such juice after cooling is already ready for use.
Pumpkin puree juice is served chilled. It charges with vitamins, gives vivacity and promotes weight loss. Bon Appetit!