The proposed method of pickling tomatoes is known from ancient times and is successfully used in many regions of Russia, Europe and CIS countries, the main difference is that canned tomatoes for the winter with flour do not contain vinegar. Thanks to this, the marinade and the ingredients of the salting are softer in taste, with low acidity, which is very useful for young children, pregnant women, and also for those who suffer from gastrointestinal ailments. Otherwise, they are not inferior to the traditionally salted tomatoes on vinegar, neither in flavor nor in appearance, and with success will take their rightful place at both the festive table and the usual dinner with the family.
- about one and a half kilograms of tomatoes;
- peeled cloves of garlic according to the number of tomatoes;
- one branch of dill or a bunch of the top part of dill;
- two or three leaves of currant or cherry;
- one leaf of a laurel;
- three tablespoons of salt without peas, for salted one-two table. spoons without peas;
- half a teaspoon of rye flour of the second grade (coarse grinding);
- half a teaspoon of sugar;
- five to six peas of black pepper.
Preservation of tomatoes on flour. Step-by-step recipe
- We cut the tomatoes from the side of the ass so that each of them can be inserted into the clove of garlic.
- Sterilize the three-liter jar and boil the water in parallel the required volume.
- After the water has cooled, put flour, salt, sugar on the bottom of the jar and dissolve in a small amount of lukewarm water (100-150g).
- Then the bottom of the can is covered with dill, laurel and cherry leaves.
- Over the bed we put tomatoes with cloves of garlic.
- All that in the pot, pour warm water and add black pepper.
- We cover the neck of the jars with a polyethylene lid and leave to wander for 6-12 days at an air temperature of not less than +18 ° C. The higher the temperature, the faster the fermentation process.
Salted tomatoes, including brine, can be consumed immediately, as the fermentation process is completed. Or leave for the winter. For this purpose, the jars should be transferred to a cool place and stored at a temperature not lower and not higher than +2 ° С - +8 ° С. Rolling cans with metal caps is not necessary. If there is a wooden barrel for salting, then you can prepare salty tomatoes on the flour there, observing the proportions of the ingredients. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And we will tell you how to pickle tomatoes in the banks for the winter and how to prepare sun dried tomatoes for the winter.