The most delicious work of cooking is melon in syrup. Even I find it difficult to classify it as a jam, it is something extraordinarily tasty, aromatic, spicy, rich, but not cloying. Melon in syrup for the winter will surprise with the novelty of its taste, it will give unforgettable gustatory sensations and feelings of complete enjoyment!
- Melon - 2 kilograms;
- sugar - 1 kilogram;
- a teaspoon of citric acid.
Step-by-step melon recipe in syrup
- It is better to take undamaged undersized melons and peel them. The resulting pulp, cut into cubes, about the size of a matchbox, cover with sugar, add the citric acid and let stand for about 2 hours, so that it starts the juice.
- After the due time, put melons in a syrup on the fire, bring to a boil, gently stirring, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it brew for 6-8 hours.
- After that, melons once again bring to a boil on low heat, and then boil for five minutes and leave for 10 hours.
- Then the melons should be brought back to a boil, boil for 5-7 minutes, put in pre-prepared sterilized jars, pour in syrup and roll up the lids.
- Turn the jars upside down and wrap them around and leave until completely cooled.
Melon in syrup is used as a separate dessert, it can also decorate cakes, a variety of pastries.
Enjoy your appetite and the best feast!