I brought this divinely delicious eggplant salad from sunny Italy. He became simply an adored dish of my family. Salad is easily prepared from available products, it can be served both in warm and cold. "Buonissimo!", As the Italians say.
- eggplant - 700 grams;
- sunflower oil for frying - 100 grams;
- tomatoes - 100-150 grams;
- olives - 40 grams;
- pickled capers (I replace cornichons) - 15 grams;
- olive oil - a tablespoon;
- basil - 1 bunch;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Salad from aubergines. Step-by-step recipe
- Eggplant wash, cut into small cubes, about 3x3 cm, put in a bowl, salt and put under oppression for 1 hour. Instead of oppression, I use a liter jar of water.
- As eggplants are allowed to juice, they must be washed and dried on a towel. The bitter juice of this vegetable is not only not tasty, but also very harmful.
- In a heated frying pan with oil, lay out our eggplants and fry them on medium heat until golden. After it is desirable to put them again on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- It was also the turn of the tomatoes - they also cut into small pieces and finely chopped a clove of garlic. We put the frying pan on the stove, pour olive oil and add garlic to it. As soon as it began to become transparent, we throw tomatoes and fry, stirring, for another 10 minutes.
- Olives are separated from the stone and cut in half.
- Without turning off the frying pan, add the eggplant, olives, capers or gherkins, basil, salt, pepper and, stirring the spatula, we will still support a couple of minutes on the fire.
- Spread on a plate and pounce with a fork.
The salad turns out very tasty, hearty, fragrant - you will lick your fingers! At the same time, it is low-calorie, and if you follow your diet, this is it!
"Very tasty" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try lasagna with aubergines and top-5 eggplant rolls.