Countless ways to use apples in cooking, but usually immediately come to mind a variety of desserts and sweet dishes. Unfortunately, not a frequent guest on our table, soaked and pickled apples, but this is a great snack and a good ingredient for delicious salads. How to properly marinate apples:
For pickled sour apples
3 kg of sour apples;
- 400 g sugar;
- 450 g of water;
- 100 ml of vinegar (9%);
- spices (5-6 pieces of cloves
- sweet pepper
- pinch of cinnamon).
- For pickled sweet apples:
- 500 milliliters of water;
- 250 grams of sugar;
- 80 ml of vinegar (9%);
- 80 ml of juice of berries.
Step-by-step recipe for marinating applesMarinated sour apples.
- Go through the apples very carefully, get rid of the fruits with stains, wormholes, wash them, dry and nibble each with a wooden pointed stick. Boil the water and cool to 85 ° C, pour the apples with this water and keep in water until completely cooled.
- Простерилизуйте банки и заполните их яблоками до того места, где они начинают сужаться. Приготовьте маринад: налейте 450-500 миллилитров воды в кастрюлю, нагрейте, всыпьте 400-450 граммов сахара, размешайте и добавьте специи по вкусу, это может быть 5-6 штучек сушеной гвоздики, 5-6 горошин sweet pepper, палочка ванили, палочка корицы, все, что хорошо сочетается с яблоками.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a minimum, cook until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the spices do not smell. Slightly cool the marinade, strain it through a folded 4-5 times gauze and add 100 milliliters of vinegar, mix, and heat.
- Pour the apples in the jar with a hot marinade. Use to prepare the marinade the water that you poured apples.
- Take apples of summer varieties, carefully sort out, so that only whole and unspoiled fruits remain. Wash them and dry them, make a small puncture on each and place them in the jars to the height where the vessel begins to taper.
- Prepare the marinade: pour 500 milliliters of water into a saucepan, add 250 grams of sugar, then spice to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil (the sugar should dissolve completely), cool slightly and strain with a folded several times gauze or through a cloth.
- Pour in a solution of 80 milliliters of vinegar and 80 milliliters of juice of sour berries. Preheat the mixture and pour the apples in the jar. Cover with lids and put in a pan with hot water. Bring the liquid to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, remove the pot from the cans from the fire. Slightly cool the cans, roll it up and turn it upside down.