This acute appetizer supplements a lot of traditional dishes Russian cuisine. But many housewives stop before harvesting the fact that horseradish grinds off so much acidic etheric substances that irritate the mucous eye and nose severely. I, I will share with you some secrets how to chop the horseradish without tears, and I will show the home recipe for a delicious, spicy snack and tell you how to cook horseradish with beetroot recipe for winter cooking with photo step by step. There are several proven methods of chopping horseradish, for example, you can put roots in the freezer for a while, you can also grind the horseradish root in a juicer, and then combine the juice and cake. Also there is another simple way, this is to skip slices of horseradish through a meat grinder, but you need to tie a bag to the meat grinder, so that the shredded horseradish gets directly into the bag. In all these cases, your eyes will not suffer. Although, if you are sick with a cold disease, breathing a couple of spoiled horseradish is sometimes useful. It is very convenient to have such a preparation for the winter in your fridge. Beetroot with horseradish for the winter it is well combined with meat dishes, with a cold, cutlets, and also with dishes from a potato.
Ingredients for horseradish with beets for the winter
|Horseradish root||1 kg|
|Beets (raw)||0.5 kg|
Preparation step-by-step with a photo of a horse-radish with a beet for the winter
- Peel the red beet and the horseradish roots.
- Rub on the shallow grated beets.
- Chop the horseradish by any means indicated in the description, so as not to damage the eye mucosa. You can use a blender, a meat grinder with a bag, and a juicer.
- Combine horseradish and beets in one bowl, add salt and mix. Leave for 5-10 minutes to let the beet juice.
- Be sure to sterilize, dry jars, tamper with beets and horseradish for the winter. Use small jars, for example, 250 grams each.
- Pour the appetizer on top with vinegar, about 1 tbsp.
- Cover and store in a cool place.
Beets with horseradish are served to any meat dishes and sausage products, as well as to fried and boiled potatoes. Bon Appetit!