Have you ever eaten Turkish cakes gözleme? I until recently even did not hear this name. It turns out that gözleme with cheese and spinach is quite easy to prepare a recipe of Turkish cuisine, based on a thinly rolled out yeast dough. Variants of the filling for gözleme can be varied. It all depends on your imagination and taste preferences.
- 400 milliliters of warm water;
- 650-700 grams of flour;
- 1 pack of natural or (as an option) dry yeast;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- 500 grams of spinach;
- salted cheese 250 grams;
- 1 onion;
- 40 milliliters of olive oil or sunflower oil;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 50 milliliters of butter to lubricate tortillas.
Gözleme with spinach and cheese. Step-by-step recipe
- First, mix the dough for gözleme. Pour warm water in a bowl, add yeast, salt, sugar and stir well.
- Gradually start adding sifted flour, each time mixing well.
- The dough should be smooth, soft and not stick to your hands. If necessary, add a little flour.
- Cover the dough with a napkin and leave for 30 minutes to rise (no longer necessary).
- For the filling, finely chopped onion fry in olive (you can use sunflower oil).
- Rinse the spinach spinach and chop it into the onions and fry for another 5 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cool.
- Grind the cheese and add to the spinach, mix.
- Divide the dough into equal parts (I got 16).
- From each billet roll very thin cakes.
- Lay the filling on one half of a flat cake (like a cheburek), the second half close and protect the edges.
- Fry in a well-heated (but not overheated) dry frying pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
It remains only to grease our flat cakes gözleme with cheese and spinach butter and serve on the table. To prepare a flat cake I was helped by a roller from the youtub channel. If you want to always please your home with national dishes (and not only) - welcome to the site "I love to cook"! And definitely try 3 delicious spinach dishes and pie with spinach and cheese.