Most often for the winter we close jam from strawberries, cherries, currants or raspberries. But the soul asks for something new and interesting. I share with you another culinary masterpiece - this emerald jam from gooseberry! This is something your family has not tried! Jam from gooseberry emerald is obtained such a beautiful and rich color, very tasty and extraordinary!
- Goalkeeper - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1,5 kg;
- cherry leaves - 10 pieces.
Step-by-step recipe for emerald jam
- Not quite mature gooseberry put into a sieve, wash with cold water, drain and peel. Small berries can be left whole, large cut from the side and remove the spiked seeds with a part of the pulp.
- Transfer the gooseberries with washed cherry leaves, beat with boiling water and leave in a cool place for 8-10 hours. During this time, gooseberries will release juice.
- Prepare syrup from two glasses of filtered juice and sugar, boil. In the boiling syrup place the prepared berries, removing the cherry leaves, remove the dishes from the fire and leave for 2-3 hours. after aging, bring the jam to a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Then cook until ready, but do not overcook, so that the jam has not lost the emerald color.
- Cool the jam in a clean dry jar, cover with parchment paper, top cover and store in a cool place.
With such a beautiful and tasty jam, you surprise your family and friends. And the emerald jam is not only tasty and beautiful, but also very useful.
Be healthy and have a pleasant appetite for you!