I share a very tasty and proven recipe for a warm family breakfast or dinner - homemade khachapuri with cheese in a frying pan. I really like Georgian cuisine: a variety of scones with cheese, sauces and wine - everything is very simple and quickly prepared. Khachapuri is translated from Georgian as "flat cake with cheese". Today you can cook fast khachapuri according to our recipe - and you will certainly be satisfied with the result. So, if you have not tried such delicious flat cakes, I suggest starting to cook.
For the test:
- wheat flour - 400 grams;
- natural Greek yogurt (you can replace the matzoni) - 250 grams;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoons;
- butter for greasing - 30 grams.
- mozzarella - 200 grams;
- suluguni - 200 grams;
- both cheeses can be replaced with cheese Imeretinsky - 400 grams;
- parsley and dill - to taste.
Homemade khachapuri with cheese in a frying pan. Step-by-step recipe
- We start with the preparation of the dough. Take a deep dry bowl, in which we will knead the dough. We sift through the sieve flour: enrich it with oxygen and save from possible debris and lumps. After sifting, we set aside.
- In another deep bowl, pour out our yogurt: it must first be taken from the refrigerator and left on the table to be at room temperature. Add sugar, salt and soda. We mix everything well so that sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- If you can get a real fresh matzoni (sour milk product), cook on it. It is used in the classic recipe.
- True, not everyone has the opportunity to acquire it. Alternatively, you can prepare yourself at home, refueling, which will remind him to taste. To do this, mix kefir with sour cream in the proportion of 125/125 grams. We mix it well. Fat kefir and sour cream to your liking.
- We return to the bowl with sifted flour. We make a small groove in the flour and pour in our yogurt. Using a silicone spatula, knead the dough, remove all the flour from the sides of the bowl, then put the spatula aside and continue to knead with your hands for five minutes. For convenience, it is better to go to the work surface and knead it already on it.
- In the dough can go plus or minus a few grams of flour - it's all individually. Therefore, you should look at the consistency of the test for our delicious khachapuri.
- The dough is kneaded well to a homogeneous, elastic consistency. We put it in a bowl, cover it with a towel and give it a little time to rest.
- Let's get to the cheese. We rub cheese on a large grater in a deep bowl. If you use two cheeses - rub both in one bowl. If you managed to find a real Imeretinsky - rub 400 grams of this stunned cheese.
- Now take a bunch of greenery (parsley or dill) and wash it under running water, dry it on a paper towel and cut it finely. The main thing is do not cut with the remnants of water: after all the greens will go to the cheese stuffing, but the water there is superfluous. Also, to your liking, you can mix parsley and dill in half. All the greens are added to the bowl to the cheese and carefully mix everything with a spoon.
- From our test we get four tortillas with cheese. Therefore, we divide the whole cheese by 4 and get 100 grams of cheese for each khachapuri.
- While we were engaged in cheese, the dough a bit lay down - and is already ready. We take it out and transfer it to a prepared clean working surface. We roll it with our hands in sausage and divide into four identical pieces.
- If you have a kitchen scale, weigh and divide the dough with them. The weight of one piece will be approximately 140-150 grams.
- Each part of the test rolls into the bun. Take one kolobok, gradually pour the flour and roll out with a rolling pin: watch that the dough does not stick to the table and to the rolling pin. Roll the dough until it is about 3 millimeters thick. We take the filling and put it in the center.
- We protect the dough in a circle: just like khinkali. (How to do this, look at the video under the recipe). We press it down a little to release air. Then we pat the middle. Sprinkle with flour and roll into a thin cake.
- Maximize the dry frying pan. The diameter of the frying pan should be slightly larger than the diameter of our cake. Put the cake on the pan and reduce the fire to a minimum. We make sure that it does not burn out, and the dough is well caked. We need to turn our khachapuri and cheese two minutes later. After a couple of seconds, the flat cake was beautifully inflated - this is a signal for us to smear butter already fried side. We also take a knife and pierce the khachapuri on one side: let's go out a little to the air. We remove ready-made khachapuri with cheese and put it on a plate.
- Do the same thing with the other three cakes. Remember: the frying pan should be dry. Butter does not fall on it, as we lubricate the already roasted side of our cake.
It turns out a very thin and delicate khachapuri with cheese. In the frying pan everything is prepared very quickly. Of course, this dish is best served hot. For him, you can prepare a delicious homemade sauce. I want to offer you a very fragrant currant sauce: our family just adores him. I cook it often, but with khachapuri it is perfectly combined. Pancakes with cheese and sauce will be wonderfully combined with a cup of morning aromatic coffee or tea.
For the sauce: we take a glass of frozen currant, a teaspoon of sugar, a clove of garlic, half a teaspoon of coriander and one tablespoon of hops-suneli. All the ingredients are sent to the bowl of the blender and beat to a homogeneous mass. The sauce is ready.
With regard to the filling: in the future, of course, you can experiment and try different combinations of cheeses. But, the most important secret of a successful and delicious dish is your excellent mood and desire to cook. "Very tasty" wishes you tasty, pleasant and hearty breakfasts. Bon Appetit!