To properly cook home-made cottage cheese you need to know some subtleties and secrets. Of course, if you have a special sourdough for cottage cheese, then the cooking technology is simplified and the time spent on squashing is reduced. But if you want to cook cottage milk cheese as they say from scratch, then have patience, and be sure to consider all the tips in the recipe. Curd for our home recipe is natural, soft, granular and not sour. For the best result and greater yield of the final product, try to buy the freshest homemade, not diluted milk. In extreme cases, you can use store milk high fat content. The time of cooking cottage cheese at home depends largely on the temperature in the room. On average, this takes about two days. Ready cottage cheese is stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Even fresh children can eat it fresh without fear. But you can cook dishes from cottage cheese - cheese cakes, curd desserts and other delicious dishes.
Ingredients for cooking cottage cheese at home
|Milk of high fat content||2 л|
Preparation of step-by-step cottage cheese at home with a photo
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, preferably steel or any other, but not enameled, as the milk adheres to it and then burns, causing the taste of cottage cheese to deteriorate.
- Leave the saucepan in a warm place for about 30 hours. This may be the place near the stove or battery. During this time, do not mix milk at all.
- After fermentation should turn out a good clot of yogurt. If you mix, the cottage cheese can become either dry fine-grained or as a putty.
- After 30 hours, when a thick curdled milk and a little liquid is formed, put it on the stove and make a small fire. Again, mixing yogurt is not necessary. The pan should get very hot, so you can not touch it, but, in no case, curdled milk should not boil. In the same case, if you do not warm up, the curd will turn out soft, like in jars. You can cut a knife from a knife with a knife so that the hot whey gets inside. Turn off the cooker.
- Leave now a saucepan with hot yogurt for ripening, about 8-10 hours. It all depends on the temperature in the room. During this time the curdled milk will thicken more and become detached from the walls, and the serum will become more transparent.
- Throw the cottage cheese on gauze, folded in several layers or on a fabric and hang it to drain excess moisture. Serum should be used for making pancakes, pies or yeast dough.
- After about 1 hour, when the last drops, remove the cottage cheese and put it in a dish.
- Homemade cottage cheese is ready. At the output can get about 500 grams of cottage cheese.
В home-made cottage cheese можно по желанию добавить сахар, изюм кусочки бананов и других фруктов. Приятного аппетита!