Our subscriber asked to publish the recipe of the Bulgarian lecho, which was sold in stores in the 80s, under the name "Globe". I found it, and I confess I even managed to cook and close several jars. I can not know what taste it was in the 80's, but lecho of carrots and tomatoes is so delicious that you can eat with a spoon.
- Tomatoes - 4 kilograms;
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 kilograms;
- carrots - 1 kilogram;
- onion -1 kilogram;
- vegetable oil - 200 milliliters;
- sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- apple vinegar - 100 milliliters;
- pepper fragrant - 5 peas;
- black pepper - 5 peas;
- cloves - 4 pieces.
Step-by-step recipe lecho of carrots and tomatoes
- Wash tomatoes, cut as you want. Then grind them in a meat grinder, and with a blender.
- Pour the tomato paste into a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cut the peeled carrots with thin straws, cut the onions into half rings and saute them in vegetable oil for 10-15 minutes.
- At the pepper remove the seeds, and cut it with rings or half-wheels.
- Pour the pepper with carrots and onions into a boiling tomato mass (after 30 minutes, after cooking). Boil another 15 minutes.
- Then pour in the vinegar, add salt and sugar, pepper with cloves and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Hot lecho spread in sterilized jars and immediately roll!
- In an inverted form, wrap it in a blanket until it cools down.
Lecho of carrots and tomatoes is simply delicious, all in it in moderation and sharpness, and sweets.
Delicious to you blanks.