Sauerkraut with mushrooms You can serve not only as an appetizer for garnishes and main courses, but from it you get an excellent garnish. Sour cabbage, when extinguished, acquires a softer and delicate taste, although a spicy sour is preserved. This simple, vegetarian dish perfectly satiates the body. I really like the home recipe for this dish, and it never gets boring. In addition to mushrooms, you can add any meat to the dish. And if after dinner you have a little stewed cabbage with mushrooms, you can use it as a stuffing for a pie, tasty cabbage patties or boil a cabbage. So, the sauerkraut preparation can be useful in the farm for preparing various dishes. And about how to cook properly stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms step by step with a photo see our detailed recipe.
Ingredients for stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms
|Bulb onions||1 PC|
|Bay leaf||1 PC|
|Vegetable oil||30 ml|
|Sugar (optional)||1 tsp.|
Step-by-step cooking with a photo of stewed cabbage with mushrooms
- Sour cabbage before extinguishing, it is necessary to rinse it lightly with cold water and wring it from excess moisture.
- Cut the onions into cubes.
- Mushrooms wash and cut into slices. Instead of champignons, you can use any other mushrooms, fresh or frozen.
- Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil and first fry the chopped onions in it until golden.
- Add mushrooms to the frying pan and put out all together for about 4-5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add sauerkraut to the mushrooms, mix well and put it under the lid for about 20-30 minutes. Do not forget to stir the cabbage.
- 5 minutes before the preparation, add salt, pepper, add a laurel leaf for flavor. Try to taste, if everything suits, remove from the fire.
Stewed sauerkraut with mushrooms is served as an independent dish or as a side dish to meat dishes. Bon Appetit!