Freshly squeezed apple-carrot juice very tasty and healthy. But how to prepare such juice, so that it retains the maximum of useful properties, and in winter, at any time it was possible to refresh yourself with this fruit and vegetable drink? There are several ways to preserve apple juice, and here's the simplest of them, I'll share with you. If the matter concerned only pure apple juice, then it would not even have to be brought to a boil, it is enough to hold the juice to 75-90 degrees and roll it up. In apples there is a lot of acid and tannins, which serve as good preservatives. But the apple juice with the addition of carrots must either bring to a boil, or sterilize. Such a preparation for the winter must be in your pantry, especially if you have children, so use our home recipe and cook it apple-carrot juice for the winter.
Ingredients for the preparation of apple-carrot juice at home
Step-by-step preparation of apple-carrot juice with a photo
- Wash the apples, cut them into slices.
- Pass the apples through the juicer.
- Wash and peel the carrots, cut into pieces and also pass through the juicer. From carrots there is a lot of pulp, it can be used for making soups or second courses, as well as carrot cake or biscuits. If you do not know what to do with the flesh of carrots, put it in a bag and send it to the freezer.
- Mix the two juices in a saucepan. Put it on the fire. Bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 2-4 minutes. Formed foam should be removed. We do not use sugar, because carrots give sweetness.
- By this time, you should have prepared sterilized cans. Pour the boiled juice over jars and seal them. Wrap for a few hours.
- Store apple-carrot juice in a dark cool place.
Apple-carrot juice improves vision, increases immunity, so it is not only a delicious drink, but also an elixir for health. Bon Appetit!