Alsatian flammkuchen - a prototype of Italian pizza with a French-German character: the same delicate crispy dough, the same filling. But due to sour cream or Franche's cream, this cake turns out to be much more tender, juicier, with a pleasant creamy taste. Initially flammkuchen is a by-product when baking bread from peasants: with the help of a thin cake checked the correct warming of the oven. Today it is one of the most famous dishes: a lot of restaurants offer their original variations of fillings to lure the customer. But I want to tell you how to cook Alsatian flammkuchen at home on a classic, primordial recipe. It's absolutely simple!
- flour - 200 grams;
- water - 100 milliliters;
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons;
- salt - a pinch;
- bacon - 100 grams;
- onions - 200 grams;
- fatty sour cream - 200 grams (or fatty sour cream + fat cream - 100 grams);
- salt, ground pepper - to taste.
The Alsatian Flammkuchen. Step-by-step recipe
- Preparation of the dough: combine the sifted flour, salt, water, mix a little, so that the dough is slightly seized and add the olive oil (can be replaced with a simple vegetable).
- We knead a homogeneous, elastic dough. For convenience, it can be kneaded on the table.
- The dough is wrapped with food film and leave to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. During this time, the gluten will swell, and the dough will become even more plastic and soft.
- In sour cream add salt and ground pepper, mix well. You can prepare a more gentle variant instead of usual sour cream - Franche's cream. To do this, whisk 100 ml of fat cream (at least 33%) to beautiful, thick peaks, and after adding 100 grams of sour cream and mix well with a spatula, salt and season with pepper. The cream of Franche is obtained with a more delicate creamy taste, with a barely perceptible, light sour cream sourness.
- Council. For whipping, it is better to use cream of your own preparation. A recipe for cream of any fat content you can see on our website "Very tasty".
- We prepare the filling: bacon cut into thin, small blocks. You can also use podschevok: it, too, is cut into small pieces. Flammkuchen is preparing fairly quickly and all the ingredients should be in time to bake well.
- Onions shinkle very thin semirings or quarter-rings.
- Thinly roll out the rested dough: approximately 0.3 centimeter thick. The historical peculiarity of the outline of the Alsatian flammkuhan is that there should be no clear, even edges. Therefore, during rolling, do not strive to attach a proportional shape.
- Tray the strew with flour, spread out the rolled dough. Distribute all the sour cream on the entire surface of the formation, evenly spread the onions (you can put a little spoon on it to lightly sink into the sour cream) and bacon.
- We send it to a well heated to 240 degrees oven for 12-15 minutes. Make sure that the edges are well browned, and the bacon is a little crocked.
The Alsatian Flammkuchen is ready! Crispy, ruddy crust, thin dough, delicious, like a creamy sour cream, and in it a soft, soft onion and fragrant baked bacon is divine! Serve the flammkuchen hot on wooden boards, cut into rectangular pieces. By tradition, it is eaten with beer, wine. But you can come up with your own tradition of using the Alsatian flammkuhen! I suggested a classic version of the filling: it can also be varied with any fillers (like pizza). Join us on "Very tasty": we still have a lot of delicious, original step-by-step recipes for dishes that you just cook at home. Bon Appetit!