Today I want to share a recipe for a wonderful biscuit with salmon and vegetables: it's such a bright and delicious open cake that is cooked without the use of yeast. The highlight of this biscuit is that the dough turns out to be very fragile (similar to flaky), crunchy. In the filling of the luxurious pieces of salmon, a lot of vegetables and barely perceptible aroma of oregano. Add here another pesto sauce - and you can feel yourself in the colorful restaurant of fine Italy.
For the test:
- butter 82.5% fat (very cold, ice) - 90 grams;
- flour of the highest grade - 145 grams;
- white sugar sugar - one teaspoon;
- salt - one teaspoon;
- ice water - 50 milliliters.
- salmon fillet - three hundred grams;
- fresh eggplant - one piece;
- zucchini - 1 piece;
- fresh tomatoes - two pieces;
- salt, ground pepper - according to your taste;
- dry oregano - pinch.
For pesto sauce:
- parsley and basil greens - 60 grams each;
- cedar nuts - 40 grams;
- Parmesan (hard cheese) - 70 grams;
- Extra Virgin olive oil - 150 milliliters;
- garlic - one tooth;
- black ground pepper, salt - to your liking.
For sauce with saffron:
- cream (fat content of 22%) - one hundred milliliters;
- saffron - one gram (literally at the tip of the knife);
- water (boiling water) - 10 milliliters;
- salt - to taste.
A wonderful biscuit with salmon and vegetables. Step-by-step recipe
- Butter is cut into small pieces and sent to the freezer for 10-5 minutes, so that it is very cool.
- On the table we sift through the sieve flour, from above we put the cooled butter. We start all together to cut with a knife, so that butter and flour mix well into crumbs.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Then start gradually (one tablespoon) add ice water. The secret is that the dough does not need to be kneaded the way we always do. And you just need in the place where the water is dripped, put the dough in the palm (into a fist), squeeze and release. The correct dough should slightly scatter and not be homogeneous.
- We transfer the dough into a polyethylene bag and put it in the refrigerator for one hour. To speed up the cooking process, you should put the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can do the preparation of sauces and the filling of our biscuits with salmon and vegetables.
- Let's start with the preparation of piquant pesto. It is very easy and quick to prepare this delicious sauce in your kitchen if you cut into the mortar the chopped leaves of parsley and basil, cedar nuts, garlic, salt, ground pepper to your liking - and crush everything well with a pestle in a homogeneous mass.
- Then add olive oil Extra Virgin, grated Parmesan and again we rub it all. The sauce is ready.
- Now prepare sauce with saffron. In a small sauté pan we pour the cream and put it on the fire. Saffron (literally at the tip of the knife) is poured very hot water and leave for 5 minutes. Then pour the infusion of saffron into the cream, a little salt and boil on low heat until thick.
- Eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes cut in circles.
- Half of the fillet of salmon is cut with a knife in thin strips, and the other half is cut into small cubes: approximately 1x1 centimeter.
- We take out the cooled dough and roll it on parchment in a circle, 3-5 mm thick.
- At the bottom of the biscuits spread the salmon, cut into thin strips, then we spread the vegetables and on top again the pieces of fish fillet.
- Then sprinkle with salt, ground pepper and dry oregano to your liking.
- The edges of the biscuits are wrapped up a little, put it on a baking sheet (along with the parchment) and send it to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes. When the dough blushes well, it's time to take it out.
A delicious biscuit with vegetables and salmon can be served both warm and cold. Be sure to eat it with pesto sauce or saffron sauce - it's very tasty. I am sure that lovers of salmon and baked vegetables will appreciate the magic taste. The site team "Very tasty" wishes you a pleasant appetite.