Suvlaki - fragrant pieces of meat in a unique marinade, served with vegetables and French fries on the island of Cyprus. Suvlaki national or even more accurately say the favorite dish of Cypriots, which is prepared in every family, tavern or expensive restaurant. And the roots of its origin go far to historical Greece. Having cooked amazingly tasty meat, you can feel yourself in Cyprus, feel all the charm and color of this incredibly beautiful and fantastically enticing island.
- meat (pork or lamb).
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Dried oregano - 2 tablespoons;
- ground cumin - 0.5 teaspoon;
- chili pepper - 0.5 teaspoon;
- paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
Suvlaki. Step-by-step recipe
- Cut the meat into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Abundantly grate pieces of meat with marinade and leave to marinate for 1,5-2 hours.
- String the meat on skewers or skewers and fry over an open fire. At home, you can use a grill pan.
- Serve souvlaki with vegetables, grilled, fresh bread, French fries.
All the unusual cooking souvlaka is a marinade, in which absolutely harmoniously combined herbs and spices. Try to cook this divinely tasty dish, and feel like real inhabitants of the island of Cyprus! "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try to prepare a dish of Mexican cuisine: meat "Santa Fe" and goulash in Hungarian.