Here is a very original way of coloring eggs for Easter - to make them marble. This ancient method was told to me by my grandmother. As it turned out, it is absolutely simple, fast, using only ecological ingredients and very budgetary. Let's make the original krashenki for Easter with our own hands together with "I Love to Cook". I will try to paint in as detailed a step-by-step recipe: how I paint eggs, so that they turn out to be unusually beautiful and do not crack during cooking.
- raw eggs - 8-10 pieces;
- dry onion husks - 30-50 grams;
- wide non-sterile bandage - 1 piece;
- strong thread for tying - 8-10 pieces;
- pharmacy zelenka - 10 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 1-2 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon.
Marble eggs for Easter. Step-by-step recipe
- Raw eggs put in a saucepan with cold water and leave for 15 minutes - the shell should get wet well. Be sure to check for cracks on the shell - these are not suitable.
- Remove the uppermost dry layer of the husks from the onions, rinse it under running water, grind it a little with scissors (approximately 1.5x1.5 cm, but this is not the point). And put the wet husks in a separate bowl (let's use it in wet form).
- Bint cut into strips about 30 centimeters long: in the amount of eggs you have. But it is better that the gauze base is more dense: therefore I cut off 60 centimeters and fold in half.
- On the gauze flap, in the center (with a diameter of 7-10 centimeters), spread a little damp onion husks, put the egg on top and sprinkle it with onion skin. How many hulls per egg? Our task is to cover the entire shell, but at the same time there are places of lumen, which will later be painted with green. I take 2-3 times on a pinch, and you are guided by your desire and quantity. Since the husk is moist, it is convenient to fix it from the top on a shell so that it does not fly off.
- Carefully wrap it in a bandage so that the husk is snug against the shell and fixed with a thread. Try not to press the egg hard: it's raw.
- Adhering to this step-by-step, in the same way we wrap all other future krashenki.
- In a saucepan, mix 1-1.5 liters of water and 10 milliliters of greenery. If you need more water for eggs, then add green proportionally.
- Spread the eggs in a saucepan in one layer. We add salt so that the shell does not crack during cooking. Also, many people advise putting a toothpick or a match without sulfur in the water: they should prevent the occurrence of cracks.
- We put a pan of cold water and eggs on the fire, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Ready-made eggs are cooled under a stream of cold water.
- We remove the krashenki from gauze pouches and once again rinse in water to wash off the husks.
- For Easter eggs to have a beautiful shine, they need to be wiped with cotton wool soaked in vegetable oil.
Marble eggs for Easter are ready! You can use the stained water repeatedly to paint the second batch of eggs. But they are not so bright green. After all, in the process of cooking, onion husk gave the water its color. But, in principle, is also quite an interesting coloring. By the way, gauze can be replaced with capron stockings or pantyhose. Do not forget to wear gloves when you are painting eggs. Be with us on "I love to cook": and you always will succeed!