I want to boast of a crown dish, which delighted all my family. It's a chicken in a honey-soy marinade. Prepare the chicken I was asked by children - they adore chicken legs! A simple recipe will suit both the festive table and the everyday family dinner. A tender chicken, juicy and fragrant, with a sweetish ruddy crust is my masterpiece of a weekend! The process of making chicken in a honey-soy marinade does not take much time, and all the ingredients are in the kitchen of every housewife.
- chicken thighs - 4 pieces;
- chicken legs - 4 pieces;
- soy sauce - 8 tablespoons;
- honey - 1,5 tablespoons;
- 4 large cloves of garlic;
- 2 medium bulbs;
- spices: sweet paprika and spicy paprika - 0.5 teaspoons each.
Magnificent chicken in a honey-soy marinade, baked in the oven. Step-by-step cooking
- Prepare the chicken. I bake the legs and thighs in the skin. It is the peel that makes the flesh juicy and tender. Let's wash and finish the meat. Excess skin I cut off. My family of 5 people has 4 hams cut in half.
- The next step is to prepare marinade for chicken. The basis for honey-soy marinade is soy sauce. In a bowl we cast 8 tablespoons of soy sauce. Please note, in this recipe I do not use salt, because the soy sauce is salty enough.
- In order to give a unique, slightly sweetish taste of meat, add honey (1.5 tablespoons). My honey has already crystallized, so I put it in the oven for a few minutes. Honey stir with soy sauce.
- Press 4 cloves of garlic through the press.
- My family loves sharpening, so I add a spicy and sweet paprika on a half-spoonful.
- All is well mixed. The sauce should be moderately spicy, slightly sweet and viscous in consistency. Thick texture is very important - then the sauce will not drain, and the dish will get tastier.
- The final stage of preparation marinade: cut into thin rings 2 medium onions and lightly mne with their hands, so that the onion is letting juice, add to the marinade.
- And now the most crucial moment: carefully mix the chicken in the marinade.
- Our work in the kitchen is almost over. The meat is left for 1 hour at room temperature. If you marinate the next day, then you need to store it in the fridge.
- Then put the chicken in a fireproof form and bake for 40 minutes in the oven, heated to 200 C. Double pour meat marinade to form a delicious crust. The process of cooking this gorgeous chicken in the oven is very simple and takes about 2 hours.
- And finally I'll open a little secret: to make the chicken well baked, and the crust turned crisp, completely heat the oven, and lay the meat so that the pieces do not touch each other and do not let the juice.
I really hope that you appreciate my step-by-step recipe for chicken in a honey-soy marinade. In this dish, there is nothing super complicated, but at the same time, my boys adore him, and even a husband, an ardent adherent of pork tenderloin, can not refuse a ruddy and juicy bump! Incredibly delicious! Enjoy your meal! And more often look at "Very tasty", we still have many delicious surprises!
Photos and videos belong to Alena Mitrofanova