Salted herring - decoration of the festive table and an excellent addition to an ordinary homemade dinner. This dish is considered to be originally Russian, but it is very popular in the Baltic States, as well as in Finland and Norway, and there, as well as ours, the herring goes well with strong alcoholic beverages. Ways to salt herring a lot. Let's talk about one of them - the simplest.
- herring - 2 large fish;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- onion - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.
Homemade herring. Step-by-step recipe
- Wash the fish, cut out the gills from it and put it in the salting tank.
- Boil half a liter of water with salt and sugar.
- Cool the brine and pour the herring.
- Leave the fish for at least a day - the ambassador will be very gentle. If you like a stronger ambassador, wait two more days.
- Take the herring from the brine, cut it, put it in the fishee, along with onions, cut rings. Add the oil.
- Bon Appetit!
To make the herring more spicy, add various spices to the pickle: bay leaf, pepper, coriander. A mixture of seasonings will allow you to play with the taste of fish and serve guests every time a new dish. And perhaps you will find your own brand combination. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try an interesting recipe for cooking herring home-made and a recipe for insanely delicious herring in Dutch.