I want to share a recipe for an exquisite, incredibly tasty foie gras pate, which is easy to prepare at home and do not pay a lot of money by buying in stores. This foie gras produced a furore at my party, everyone was delighted with my food. In reality, it is prepared from the liver of overfed guski, but together with "I Love to Cook" we offer you a more budgetary, but not even worse, option - from the chicken liver.
- chicken liver - 350 grams;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- milk - 200-300 milliliters;
- butter - 100 grams;
- melted chicken fat - 2-3 tablespoons;
- white dry wine - 100 milliliters;
- salt, pepper, thyme - to taste.
Home foie gras. Step-by-step recipe
- Chicken liver should be cleaned of spittle and soaked in milk for 5-6 hours, kept in a refrigerator, then thrown back on a sieve.
- Fry in butter (about 50 grams) over low heat for about 5 minutes. Lightly cool.
- Chop onion and fry on melted chicken fat for 3-4 minutes, pour the wine and stew until the sauce evaporates. Cool slightly.
- Liver and onion to mix, season with salt and spices, whisk with a blender until smooth. I also add about 30-50 grams of butter, for a more delicate creamy taste.
- Lay out in a form covered with food film. Send to freeze in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- For long-term storage of this paste put the mixture in a mold, pour with melted chicken or goose fat. Close tightly, store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Our tenderest foie gras is ready! Serve with croutons or bread. Goose, duck or rabbit liver can be used for this pate. And to fantasize with various additions (mushrooms, sauces).
"I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite!