Without a salted herring, there is not one table covered: be it holidays or weekdays. Russians very much like a snack from herring of barrel salting: it's so delicious that you can not even describe the words. Salted herring at home, took out a couple of days from the jar, cut into slices, seasoned with butter and onions - all, more for happiness nothing is needed. Now they sell tasty salted herring in stores, but I still prefer to do it myself. I believe that everything cooked at home is tastier and more useful.
- 5-6 herring carcasses;
- 2 liters of water;
- 6 tablespoons of salt;
- pepper peas - 6 pieces;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces.
Barley salted herrings. Step-by-step recipe
- Fresh herring, mine and, without cleaning, along with the head and tail, we lay whole in a three-liter jar (clean, of course). We put the fish upside down.
- Council. I always salt six pieces (as many of them enter the jar), if the fish remains for 5-6 days, I take it out of the jar, cut it into portions, add it to bags and clean it in the freezer.
- Fish can be taken and less (3 pieces, for example).
- In a two-liter jar we pour the purified (or cooled boiled) water, add 6 tablespoons of salt and stir until the salt dissolves completely.
- That the ambassador of a herring was spicy (at will), I put in a bank leaves of laurushki and peas of black pepper.
- Fill the jar with the fish brine (to the neck). Close the cap nylon and put it in the refrigerator.
- Council. Remains of the brine should not be poured, after 2-3 days it will come in handy.
- Fish can be sampled already on the second day: it will be liked by those who like tender, light-salted fish. The herring is taken out, and in the jar we top up the brine (which we have left).
- The longer the fish is in the brine, the more it becomes like a real cask fish: this fish is ideal for salads.
Salted herring served with boiled potatoes, sprinkling onions and watering with vegetable oil. I think it makes no sense to advertise the dignity of herring for a long time: it is loved by everyone. And what of it you can make salads, snacks and sandwiches: you can see the recipes from the video on my channel and on the site "Very tasty".