Favorite porridge - a very useful, tasty and satisfying dish. It is often included in various diets as a proper food, since cereals contain many minerals. There are many options for cooking porridge - you can cook it on water or milk, it can be the main dish for breakfast or serve as a side dish to meat or fish. Very useful for children and people who are dieting. In addition, porridge for breakfast will help you to fix problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
You might think that porridge is very easy to cook, but sometimes it gets boiled or vice versa dry. To avoid this, you should take into account certain rules for cooking. Remember the following proportions.
- For 1 cup of buckwheat porridge you need 2 cups of water to cook for 20 minutes.
- For 1-2 tablespoons of semolina, take 1 glass of liquid and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly so that the porridge does not burn.
- Oat flakes are cooked for 4 minutes in the proportion of 1.5 cups of cereal per 1 liter of liquid.
- Pearl barley should be boiled for an hour, taking 1 cup of cereals and filling 3 cups of liquid.
- Millet as a garnish is cooked for 45 minutes, 1 cup of cereal for 3 glasses of water. To prepare the wheat porridge, you need to extend the cooking time to 50 minutes.
- Cook the rice for 15-20 minutes, fill 1 cup of cereal with 2 cups of liquid.
- Corn porridge will turn out delicious if to 1 glass of cereal add 2.5 cups of liquid and cook for 15 minutes.
Following these recommendations, you will be able to prepare the right and delicious dishes from cereals. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And we will tell you the recipe for millet-pumpkin porridge and we will open the secret of cooking the "Monastery" porridge.