Chicken in sweet and sour sauce is perhaps one of the most loved and common dishes of Chinese cuisine. The combination of the simplest products, but how delicious they play together!
- chicken fillet - 700 grams;
- sweet Bulgarian pepper (different colors) - 3 pieces;
- pineapple canned - 1 can;
- ginger (root) - 30 grams;
- soy sauce - 100 grams;
- starch - 100 grams;
- flour - 100 grams;
- 2 eggs;
- vegetable oil - 250 grams;
- honey - 3 tablespoons;
- vinegar (apple) - 3 tablespoons;
- tomato sauce - 30 grams;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- water - 500 milliliters;
- sesame seeds - 50 grams.
Chicken in sweet and sour sauce. Step-by-step recipe
- Wash chicken, cut into small pieces and marinate in soy sauce. Leave the chicken in this form for 30 minutes.
- Add to the chicken one tablespoon of starch and flour, mix everything thoroughly.
- Whip the whites. Separately, mix the remaining flour, starch, one pinch of salt and slowly add the whipped whites. Consistency should resemble dough for pancakes.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and warm it well. Dip the chicken in the batter and start frying in small portions. Spread the roasted chicken pieces on a dish, which is pre-laid with paper towels - so you will get rid of excess fat.
- When the chicken is fried, start cooking the sweet and sour sauce. Slice the Bulgarian pepper roughly and fry it in vegetable oil. Do not fry for a long time so that the pepper remains crispy.
- Scrub the root of the ginger and add to the pepper. Also add vinegar, diced pineapples, honey and water. Protect the sauce for 3 minutes. Next, add the remaining starch, tomato sauce and mix the sauce until it becomes thick.
- The final stage is the combination of chicken and sauce. Mix everything well, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 3 minutes.
Serve chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Excellent complement this dish garnish in the form of green beans. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! We also suggest paying attention to the preparation of chicken with mushrooms baked under a potato coat and chicken in a jar.