A dish from the table of Russian princes is buckwheat pancakes with milk. Crispy, with a delicate taste, beautiful coffee color - they will become a real decoration of the table not only during the celebration of Maslenitsa. An indescribable pleasure, unique taste: once you try, you will want to cook them again and again. I propose to prepare buckwheat pancakes (without the addition of wheat flour) with me.
- milk - 1.5 cups;
- flour buckwheat - 0.5 cup;
- butter - 1 tablespoon;
- sour cream - 1 tablespoon (with a slide);
- 1 egg;
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
Buckwheat pancakes on yeast. Step-by-step recipe
- In a glass with warm milk, dissolve yeast and leave for 3-5 minutes, before swelling of the yeast, and then mix until completely dissolved.
- We pour sour cream and mix it with buckwheat flour. Stir until a homogeneous mass without lumps (you can use a blender or a mixer).
- We leave the dough from buckwheat flour for 2-3 hours in the heat - for fermentation.
- In the fermented and risen dough, add the melted butter, egg yolk and salt.
- Mix everything well and add as much hot milk as possible to make a thin dough (like ordinary pancakes).
- The remaining egg whites are beaten into a thick foam and mixed into the dough. Just start baking.
- We spread the dough from buckwheat flour with a ladle on the hot, well-oiled - with vegetable oil or lard - frying pan: the fire is immediately reduced to moderate. We turn it over as soon as one side is completely baked: we grab our hands by the edges (they are better baked and therefore stronger than the middle).
- Every buckwheat pancake is immediately lubricated with melted butter and covered with a plate (or put into a warm oven), because these pancakes very quickly cool down.
You can also prepare buckwheat pancakes from buckwheat porridge. Mix 300 grams of finished buckwheat porridge (left from dinner, or cooked specially) with 2 tablespoons of sugar and salt (to taste), grind in a blender. Add 2 eggs and a half cup of milk. With constant stirring, we add 80 grams of flour and baking powder. Fry on a hot, oiled frying pan on medium heat (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Ready pancakes immediately lubricated with melted butter.
To decorate the table, I offer you to serve ready-made buckwheat pancakes with different fillings (and the options for pancakes can also be different: on our website "I love to cook" you can see how to make pancakes with a "bag" and a rose). So, the options for toppings for pancakes made from buckwheat:
- pork liver (boil, twist) mixed with carrots (boiled and grated on a small grater) and with a fried onion;
- freshly salted red fish (cut in small strips) mixed with chopped green onions and a drop of olive oil - all this splendor is sprinkled with vinegar;
- Fresh mushrooms (fried with onions on fat), mixed with chopped garlic and rustic sour cream - a tender and juicy mixture;
- melted cheese (grated on a fine grater), mixed with crushed eggs, garlic and mayonnaise - grease buckwheat pancake and roll up the tube;
- green onions (a bunch of finely chopped), mixed with boiled shredded eggs and poured with olive oil.
Useful, delicious, dietary dish - buckwheat pancakes on a yeast test - ready for celebration of Maslenitsa. Pancakes from buckwheat flour serve with chocolate paste or caramel sauce (children will be delighted). For the male half of the guests (and the family) make buckwheat pancakes stuffed with fried mushrooms or cheese-garlic - believe me: the compliments will be the sea. The site "I Love to Cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite. Come for new recipes: we have something to show you and tell you. And since we started to prepare pancakes, we will gladly reveal all the secrets of the correct pancakes and tell you the recipe for buckwheat and millet pancakes on milk.