Dear friends, today I want to share with you my favorite home recipe of goodies from my childhood - these are delicious kozinaks. I assure you that this is not just sweetness, but, probably, one of the most useful sweets that only is. Not everyone knows that the birthplace of this delicacy is the beautiful country of Georgia. Kozinaki is prepared not only from sunflower seeds. My current recipe includes a very useful mix of seeds. It turns out as a result incomparably and masterpiece. Since the moment I first prepared them, my family forever forgot the way to the store where they used to buy them. I suggest not to delay the sweet moment and start cooking right now.
- Sunflower seeds - 120 grams;
- pumpkin seeds - 50 grams;
- sesame seeds - 30 grams;
- honey - 180 grams;
- sugar - 50 grams;
- water - 3 tablespoons;
- soda - a pinch.
Very tasty kozinaki. Step-by-step recipe
- First, with what I propose to begin: to prepare our seeds. If you buy them in the store, then take not fried. It will be much more delicious if you fry them in a frying pan at home, as I do.
- We take a dry frying pan, pour out sunflower seeds on it and set it on medium fire. We stir the spatula and lightly roast it until it rustles. The main thing is not to lose your vigilance: do not overdo them.
- After we have finished with sunflower seeds, pour the pumpkin seeds into the frying pan. Also toast on a small fire. Pour out into a separate bowl
- Then there are the sesame seeds: they need the least time for roasting. Also, be careful: because of their small size, they can quickly burn out.
- The time has come to prepare the sweet syrup. We take a small saucepan. Pour honey, sugar, add three tablespoons of water and a very small pinch of soda. Stir everything with a spoon or spatula, if you prefer. We put on a small fire. Do not stop stirring. With the addition of soda, the mass acquires a slightly white color and will take a little foam. Soda gives the caramel mass softness: as it saturates it with air bubbles. Then ready kozinaki (no matter what kind of seeds or nuts are cooked) is easier to bite and chew.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, add all the toasted seeds to the saucepan to the sweet syrup. Stir the spatula to a homogeneous, sticky condition. Cook all over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Do not go far, stir constantly and boil until thick. Weight should also be slightly darkened.
- Now, friends, prepare a pan and parchment paper. Cover it with a baking sheet and grease it well with sunflower oil.
- Then put the whole mass in the middle. Wet the silicone scapula in water and level it with kozinaki. The height should be about 1-1.5 centimeters. Take away for a while, until the kozinaki completely cool.
Cut ready kozinaki with a knife on ordinary squares or rectangles. Also, you can cut out any other patterns that are very pleasing to the eyes of children. I advise you to try and cook homemade simple goats. I can confidently add that such useful sweets can be prepared and consumed throughout the year, including during the fast. On the site "Very tasty" there are recipes for kozinaks: read, choose and cook for fun. I wish you a pleasant appetite.