Airy and gentle, sweet and melting, it's all a very delicious home marshmallow. It is impossible to stop yourself when you start to try the chewing marshmallow - it just melts in your mouth. The hand stretches, takes one by one a piece: you understand that here it is - the apogee of sweet pleasure. Naturally, shop marshmallow is not always pleasing with its composition, that's why for children you want to cook a natural and safe "sweet snack" - home marshmallow. This delicacy became an integral part to the portion of cocoa for my child.
- granulated sugar - 400 grams;
- boiled water - 200 grams;
- invert syrup - 160 grams;
- butter - 30 grams;
- gelatin (you can replace agar-agar) - 25 grams;
- for powder powder shop sugar powder (in the composition there is starch) - 100 grams;
- at will, different food colors and flavors - to taste.
Very tasty home marshmallow. Step-by-step recipe
- The first step is to prepare the deco. I put a parchment on it. Also for any marshmallow, any other large flat shape can fit. The parchment is well lubricated with butter.
- Let's start with the preparation of gelatin. It must be poured into a container, which can then be heated on the stove. Fill gelatin with 100 milliliters of water and leave for 20 minutes to swell its crystals. Gelatin should be dissolved at a temperature of no more than 50-60 * C. Stir constantly with a spoon or spatula. Be extremely careful at this stage: gelatin can not be overheated and, moreover, brought to a boil.
- Ready gelatin is poured into a bowl, in which further we will knead our sweet mass.
- We also need an invert syrup. It can be bought in a specialized shop for confectioners or found on supermarket shelves. If you do not have the opportunity to buy, then you can prepare it yourself, at home. On the site "I love to cook" there is a recipe for invert syrup: following the step-by-step instructions, you easily prepare it yourself.
- Cooking the syrup. In the pot, pour: invert syrup, the remaining water and pour out all the sugar. We put the saucepan on the stove, cook it to 110 * C, stirring constantly with a spatula. The syrup by this time will take a gently caramel color, it will be transparent and tasty to smell.
- Now the most interesting. Take the whisk and start whipping the gelatin as quickly as you can. Then, with a small trickle, pour in the syrup. Continue to beat, speed slightly reduce. As the mass cools, it will also change its consistency. From the liquid and astringent, will become more thickened and elastic. Continuing to beat, you will notice how it will increase in volume.
- To the mass sooner became the way we need, it is necessary to switch to beating with a mixer. Beat at high speeds until the mass becomes almost rubber: it will slightly hamper the work of the mixer, resisting. Be vigilant: since this is the signal that our marshmallow is almost ready. At this stage, according to your desire, you can add food colors and different flavors. I will not do this, because I love the classic taste of marshmallow.
- Another technique is to test the readiness of the marshmallow: the mass must flow off the corolla with an elastic and even strip.
- Now it's time to form everything on a deco or another form that you have prepared.
- Take the powdered sugar, let it through the sieve and generously sprinkle all the parchment. Strike well: everything should be evenly covered.
- Then pour half of the mixture onto the mold, gently level it all over the bottom.
- The second half you can land with a confectionery bag or syringe. It is necessary to squeeze out long strips whose diameter is selected to your taste. You can make thin and small marshmallows - then they are great for hot drinks, such as cocoa, coffee. Also you can make bigger - then get chewing marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the marshmallow with the powdered sugar. We put in a cold place for 3 hours.
- We get out of the refrigerator, cut into pieces. Also with the help of figured shapes squeeze the filled marshmallow on the baking sheet.
We put everything in a glass jar and store it in closed form. The lid should be required, as marshmallows are weathered and dry. Serve them on a saucer to hot drinks, decorate desserts and ice cream. And if you are a fan of gentle coffee drinks, like me - brew your own coffee and put on top natural home marshmallow. They literally under the eyes turn into a soft foam and saturate the drink with a pleasant sweet taste. I'm sure you will be delicious to prepare a simple and fast marshmallow in your kitchen. The team of the site "I love to cook" selects for you only the most delicious and proven recipes. Cook, enjoy the process and the result. Enjoy your meal!