Surprising and very tasty cookies "Drifts" managed to try me recently. I was surprised by the pleasant crunching of the filling: it turns out there was a meringue inside. Such an unusual combination of unsweetened dough and snow-white filling, I was just subdued. A very original form of cookies sprinkled with sugar powder on top reminds snow drifts in winter. I recommend you cook it for yourself and your loved ones: you will be able to please everyone.
- wheat flour - 200 grams;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- butter - 100 grams;
- sour cream - 70 grams;
- sugar sand - 120 grams;
- powdered sugar - 50 grams;
- salt - pinch.
Very tasty cookies "Drifts". Step-by-step recipe
- It is necessary to separate the yolks from proteins. Proteins sent to the refrigerator: they will need us a little later.
- In a deep bowl, combine butter at room temperature, sour cream and yolks. Stir everything well.
- In small portions add sifted flour. We knead it well until the moment it stops sticking to our hands. Carefully put it in a bowl greased with vegetable oil, cover with a food film and give it a little time to rest in a cold place for about an hour.
- While the dough cools down, we will deal with proteins. Whipped proteins in our cookies will be in the form of a filling. Therefore, we pour the proteins into a convenient whipping container. Add a pinch of salt and start whipping. Slowly introduce sugar without stopping whipping at the same time: about 10 minutes to steady peaks. The consistency of the mass must be the same as for meringues or merengue.
- We remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 10-12 parts. Two pieces leave immediately on the board for work, rest send to the refrigerator. The most important thing is that the dough is cold when working with it.
- Using a rolling pin, we roll the dough into a flat cake: it's thin enough. Conditionally, the cake is divided into four sectors. And in one of them we spread an incomplete tablespoon of whipped protein. Very much to put it is not necessary, so the protein then can break off the cookie itself when baking. Then fold first twice, then four times. Using a conventional plug, we patch the edges. We put it on a baking sheet covered with parchment. In the same way do the rest of the cookies.
- The oven must be heated to 150 * C. Bake our cookies for about half an hour: until a beautiful golden crust.
- We take out the cookies from the oven, completely cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
That's ready very delicious cookies "Drifts". As you can see, the dish is quite simple, and the biscuit itself is quite original. It is a bit like a puff: it crumbles and crumbles when breaking. Sweet and airy filling inside it gives it a gentle and light taste. "Very tasty" wishes you a sweet tea and a pleasant appetite!