From the very childhood I remember how my mother cooked its branded crunchy vergones and sprinkled them with powdered sugar. The taste is fabulous! I recently came across my mother's notebook with recipes, where these delicious home-made donuts were painted. Therefore, today, on "Very tasty" I share my mother's recipe - vergones on kefir.
- kefir (sour milk) - 1 glass;
- flour - 450-550 grams;
- granulated sugar - 3-4 tablespoons;
- salt - on the tip of the knife ;;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- egg - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Vanillin - if desired;
- Powder of sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- sunflower refined oil for frying.
Vergens on kefir. Step-by-step recipe
- In kefir add soda, salt, sugar, vanillin, mix well. If the reaction of soda with lactic acid is sluggish, then add another half teaspoon of vinegar.
- Add the sifted flour about 1 cup, mix well, beat in the egg and pour in the sunflower oil.
- After small parts, add flour and mix well. You should get a soft, elastic dough.
- Cover it with a film and leave it at room temperature for half an hour.
- For convenience, the dough is divided into several parts, roll out, giving a rectangular shape, a thickness of about 1 centimeter.
- Cut the dough into rhombuses, in the middle of each make an incision. We take one edge of the diamond and turn it through the incision in the other direction.
- We heat the frying pan with a lot of sunflower oil, when it warms up well, then we lay out the vergones. Fry from two sides until golden brown.
- After roasting the vergones are first transferred to a towel (paper or woven) to stack excess fat.
- Spread on a plate and using a sieve to rub sugar powder.
That's so easy and simple, we have got home verguns. Look how appetizing they look in the photo, but in fact they are even more delicious! They can be cooked not only on kefir, but also on sour cream, then they will turn out more friable and also be delicious. "Very tasty" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try to make donuts on condensed milk and pay attention to the recipe for lush verwins.