I want to share a recipe for the most delicious sweet pies with berries, which I got from my grandmother. I adapted it a little for the modern possibilities (using dry yeast, vanillin), but it only worked. The dough itself turns out to be very soft, gentle, it melts right in your mouth, like sweet cotton wool. And a special technology of curing and baking allows you to maximally keep all the juice of the berries inside the pies, not letting it flow out. Do not worry, it's absolutely not difficult, but how to make sweet pies with berry stuffing, I'll paint it in detail on "Very tasty".
- any liquid (milk, kefir, water, curdled milk, whey) - 500 milliliters;
- flour - 800-900 grams;
- dry yeast - 11 grams (pressed - 25 grams);
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- margarine or butter - 100-150 grams;
- salt - 1 incomplete teaspoon;
- sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- any berries - 500 grams;
- sugar for berries - to taste;
- egg for lubrication - 1 piece.
The most delicious sweet pies with berries. Step-by-step recipe
- For cooking pies I used a slightly warmed kefir (up to 35-40 degrees). But this dough can be made on milk, whey, yogurt and even water.
- In kefir, add yeast, stir well and leave for 5-10 minutes to activate. Even if you have already activated dry yeast, then still perform such manipulation - this will only improve the process of raising the test. If you add compressed yeast, then they must first be crushed and well stirred in a liquid, until they are completely dissolved. And after leaving to stand a little.
- To the softened margarine (or butter) we add eggs, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar or vanillin and all we rub into a homogeneous mass.
- In the egg-oil mixture in small portions add sifted flour (about a third of the total). Mix the baking - the dough will turn out to be very soft, sticky, close to semi-liquid.
- When the yeast is swollen in kefir and activated, add a third of the flour to it and mix it. After we connect it with the baking and meshes until uniform.
- In the resulting dough in small portions add the remaining flour, leading to the desired consistency. The dough should be soft and elastic. Mesim until it begins to fall behind.
- A bowl with a test is covered with a food film or a linen towel and leave in a warm place to approach for 1-1,5 hours. During this time it should grow by 2.5 times.
- Approached dough is spread on the table, sprinkled with flour. And we separate the billets for pies, approximately the size of an egg. But here you can navigate at your own discretion.
- Roll each piece into a cake, about 0.5 centimeter thick.
- Berries for the filling can be used any (raspberries, strawberries, strawberries, cherries, mulberries and so on). They are sorted out, washed under running water and thrown back on a sieve to make the glass liquid. After we connect and mix well. Pay attention - sugar is not added to the berries, otherwise they will immediately start the juice.
- We spread the berries on the rolled cake, and only now we add a little sugar and we mold the patty. We protect the edges, like a varenik.
- We spread the patties on a baking sheet, greased with vegetable oil. We put them seam up, so that during baking does not leak berry juice, which can burn. Also note: between pies leave a gap of about two centimeters. Since during baking, the dough will increase and pies can stick together.
- Before baking, cooked cakes are left for 5-10 minutes, so they are a little bit approached. Slightly shake the egg and grease them with patties.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and send it a pan with pies for 15-20 minutes.
Pies with berries ready! What they are soft and gentle, with a terrific appetizing aroma, and inside the most juicy, sweet filling. Serve them for tea or coffee, eat with milk or compote - they are very tasty! Instead of berry stuffing, you can finely crumble apples or pears, only pre-clean them from the peel. Join us on "Very tasty", cook with us and share your impressions! Bon Appetit!
Photos and videos belong to Marina Fokina