The famous European dessert: the most delicious French creme brulee - will be offered to you to taste in each self-respecting cafe of France. I crazy love this delicate creamy pudding (as it is also called, due to the creamy cream) with a thin crust of caramel, adorned with delicious fresh berries. I remember watching the French film "Amelie", and in it the main character was so fond of this dessert. She tasted the crust so deliciously that I wanted to learn how to cook it. I suggest today, remembering that tasty moment, and prepare this wonderful dessert for you at home: everything is really elementary simply. Are we proceeding?
- cream (fat content is not less than 33-35%) - 450 grams;
- sugar white sand - 90 grams;
- one medium vanilla pod;
- 4 chicken yolks - about 80 grams;
- a small pinch of salt;
- brown sugar crystal (if not, you can replace it with white) - to give caramel crust;
- for decoration: fresh or frozen berry, powdered sugar.
The most delicious French creme brulee. Step-by-step recipe
- Take the saucepan. Pour all the cream that is necessary by prescription, and add to them a third of the total amount of sugar (this is 30 grams). Then a very small pinch of salt. All the right mix with a spatula (I use silicone). We put it on a stove, and on medium fire we bring it almost to the point of boiling, but we do not allow the creams to boil at the same time. Cream periodically mix, so they are not in any way burned.
- When the first small bubbles appear on the surface of the cream, rather remove the sauté pan from the fire.
- Now it's time to give the cream a vanilla flavor and aroma. For this case, the vanilla pod is the perfect choice. But if you do not have it, it does not bother at all. As an alternative, you can use vanilla extract or vanilla sugar.
- Since I will use a vanilla pod in this recipe, I need to cut it into two pieces and, using a knife, extract the seeds from it (along the entire length of the pod). We transfer them to the cream. Also, the pod itself is sent to the cream.
- Take the food film and cover the saucepan. Leave for no more than 15 minutes.
- Now, while the cream is standing, let's get yolks. In a separate bowl, mix the three yolks and sugar that remained (60 grams) whisk. The most important thing is to do everything very slowly and carefully. Do not try to whip, and thus create a large number of bubbles. You need at this stage to thoroughly mix the yolks to a homogeneous mass.
- After 15 minutes, return the saucepan with cream to the stove for medium heat. When the first layer of bubbles appears on the top layer, remove from heat. We take out the vanilla pod.
- Now you need to use a very delicate trickle to gently introduce a mixture of hot cream into ground yolks with sugar. With one hand, hold the saucepan, stir the other with a whisk until it is even. But do not whip: do not create excess foam and bubbles.
- Now take a look at the mass: where you see foam, you need to remove it with a spoon. That's ready the mass, which must be poured into molds.
- Choose your own shapes. You can take more, but you can and less. The main thing here is your preferences. I use smaller round forms: then, in my opinion, cream-brule looks more aesthetic.
- Then prepare the form or a deep baking tray, in which we will make a water bath. The bottom is lined with parchment paper, we put molds on it. Now fill them in with a prepared mass.
- For convenience, you can use a ladle or pour the mass into a jug and gently spill over the forms.
- Then pour the boiling water into the pan (or mold) by one-third the height of the molds. Take care that no water gets into the mass in any way.
- Preheat the oven to 165 * C. We put the dessert for 20-25 minutes. Of course, the baking time of the dessert in the oven depends on the size of the molds. If you chose small, then 20 minutes will be enough. If larger, then it will take more time. Also pay attention to the consistency that you will get as a result. If you want the structure denser (thick as pudding), the time in the oven should be longer. And if you like a softer and creamy state - then keep the oven in less time.
- Dessert must first of all seize on the edges, from below and from above. And inside stay floating and remind jelly. If you take it and shake it a little - you will see how the dessert will sway and remind you of jelly. And, as a result, you will get that gentle, melting cream in your mouth.
- After the oven, spread the molds with cream on the grate and let it cool completely. Then put in the refrigerator for three or four hours. There he must completely cool down and finally grab.
- And only after the refrigerator, before the feed, it is necessary to create the most unique and irreplaceable crispy caramelized calcined crust.
- To do this, take the brown sugar, pour on top of the cream about a tablespoon. Then turn and shake off excess sugar. If you do not have brown sugar, replace it with plain white.
- Next we take the gas burner, set the minimum flame and, within a few seconds, melt the sugar.
- There are two more ways to make a crust. You can put the cream in the oven on the top shelf and turn on the grill mode. After a couple of minutes, the sugar will melt. And you can do as one friend taught me: take alcohol and matches. Pour a spoonful of alcohol on the sugar, ignite and wait until the flame goes out. Then serve, decorated with berries, to the table.
Believe me: the tenderness of a super delicious cream-brule will knock you off the first spoon - be sure to try to cook it. Such a portioned dessert can be decorated with tasty and bright berries - it will greatly please you and your guests. On the site "Very tasty" you can find many other original, easy-to-prepare desserts. Cook with us. Bon Appetit!