The best Turkish pies with potatoes can be taken with you to nature, as well as cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Extraordinarily tasty and beautiful patties, baked in the oven, you can serve both warm and cold: with a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of milk. In Turkey, these pies with potatoes are served in a cafe, and I suggest you cook them at home - and please the loved ones with original pastries.
For the test:
- 500 grams of flour;
- 1 teaspoon of salt and sugar;
- a teaspoon of soda;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 150 milliliters of milk;
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar;
- 1 fresh chicken egg.
- 400 grams of potatoes;
- 1 bunch of greenery;
- 40 grams of butter;
- 0.5 teaspoon of mint;
- salt and pepper - to taste.
- seeds of white and black sesame;
- Egg - for lubricating pies.
The best Turkish pies with potatoes. Step-by-step recipe
- Peeled and well washed potatoes are put in a saucepan, salt, poured into water and set to cook. At this time, we make the dough for milk for Turkish pies.
- In a deep bowl for kneading the dough sift all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, soda.
- Put the butter in the flour and grind everything into a crumb.
- We make a deepening, we drive an egg. Stir a little.
- In warm milk, pour in the vinegar (it is needed to extinguish soda) and add it in small portions in flour. Knead the dough.
- Before the preparation, the dough for Turkish pies is kneaded on the table (it should not be sprinkled with flour): it should turn out soft and do not stick to your hands.
- We remove it for 15 minutes in a bowl, cover with a lid.
- From the finished potatoes we make mashed potatoes, add crushed mint and any greens (to taste). Mix and spread the oil at room temperature. Solim and pepper to taste, carefully mix - the filling is ready.
- Dough for convenience we divide into two parts. Each roll out into a circle 1 cm thick.
- We cut out circles with a diameter of 10 centimeters.
- On each workpiece, make 4 notches with a pizza knife.
- We spread the stuffing from potatoes and collect the edges: as in ordinary pies.
- We cover the baking tray with baking paper, put pies with potatoes on it: a seam down.
- Lubricate Turkish patties with egg and sprinkle with seeds of white and black sesame seeds.
- We put a pan with pies in the oven, heated to 180 degrees: for 20 minutes. Bake until golden brown.
Delicate, beautiful patties with potatoes, with a delicious crispy crust - an excellent addition to a cup of morning coffee. Children like this delicacy to wash down with a glass of milk or cocoa. On our site "Very tasty" you can see other recipes for home baking, which we have collected for you from all corners of the globe.