Probably, for each of us the classic recipe of oatmeal cookies will remind the taste of childhood. Sweet, crispy, with a pleasant taste of cinnamon and vanilla - and a beautiful baked crust. I propose to recall once again the real taste of childhood and bake oatmeal cookies according to the classic recipe. Especially delicious combines such cookies with homemade milk.
- coarse wheat flour - 175 grams;
- water - 50 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - 160 grams;
- oat flakes - 75 grams;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - to taste;
- cinnamon - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- light raisins - 26 grams;
- sugar vanilla - 10 grams;
- Butter - 85 grams.
Classic oatmeal cookies. Step-by-step recipe
- To make oatmeal cookies, you need to make oat flour from oatmeal. To do this, flakes must be ground in a blender to a powdery state.
- In a deep bowl, pour out the sugar, vanilla sugar or vanilla extract, a little cinnamon (which will give the bake a pleasant aroma), butter, previously softened to room temperature, and raisins.
- Council. For the preparation of oatmeal cookies I use light raisins or pink, I pre-soak it in cold water for half an hour, and then I fill with boiling water and land. Only after all these procedures, dry fruits can be used for cooking.
- All the ingredients of the classic oatmeal cookie recipe should be thoroughly rubbed with a blender.
- In cold water, we dissolve a pinch of salt. We pour salted water into the gruel from sugar, butter, cinnamon and raisins.
- Gradually add the oatmeal and shovel all mix thoroughly.
- We add baking powder and wheat flour to our pastry dough. It is the flour of coarse grind that will give the oatmeal liver an interesting texture.
- Council. Instead of baking powder, you can use ordinary soda, but it must be "extinguished" with vinegar.
- As you noticed, in our recipe there is not one egg. This is the classic recipe for oatmeal cookies, which resembles the taste of childhood.
- The finished dough should be soft, do not stick to your hands, but do not be clogged with flour.
- We put the dough cake for the oatmeal cookie in a plastic bag and send it to the cold.
- Frozen and stale dough is divided into approximately three parts, and each part individually rolled into a cake (thickness of half a centimeter), pouring flour, so that the dough does not stick to the surface of the table or board.
- Using a mold or a cup, cut out small round cookies.
- We shift our oatmeal cookies according to the classic recipe onto a baking sheet, covered with parchment, and send it to the oven for ten minutes. The temperature in the oven is 200 degrees Celsius.
- In oatmeal cookies you can add small pieces of chocolate, candied fruit or cocoa powder. You can also add nuts or coconut chips to the dough, and top with chocolate glaze. Although it will not be a classic recipe for oatmeal cookies - but it will also turn out very tasty.
- In some recipes, in order to preserve the loose and rough texture of the pastry, oat flakes are partially left untreated, or coarsely ground, then brewed with hot milk or water. And we get an interesting structure for baking.
Ready-made crispy oatmeal cookies with a delicate cinnamon flavor recall the real taste of childhood. About 50 biscuits come out from one portion of the dough. They can be stored in a tin container with a tight-fitting lid in a cool place. Serve this oatmeal cookie according to the classic recipe can be for tea, coffee or with milk. Come to our site "I love to cook - and you will learn a lot of recipes of dishes familiar to everyone from childhood.